Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the West End

User Info Menu

On the West End

A few photos to share.
    Breakfast at Pee Wees.
    Great fried chicken at Chicken Lavish
    Jamaican Breakfast at Pressa One Love Restaurant
    Pressa and Eva.
    Some photos at the base of Home Sweet Home
    The crabs!
    Ocean still to rough for swimming at Home Sweet Home

Name:  DSCN1408.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  DSCN1431.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  91.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1433.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  DSCN1436.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1444.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  DSCN1455.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  92.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1471.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  DSCN1486.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  95.9 KB

User Info Menu

Re: On the West End

How was the fried chicken at Chicken Lavish? I had the jerk chicken there last year and it was some of the most tender chicken I've ever eaten. Had a nice chat with Doc too. Great guy.

~Moose
    Last edited by CosmicMoose; 11-19-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

We never eat fried chicken in the states, so to be honest, I have nothing to compare it to. We do love it at Chicken Lavish, it is good and crunchy.
    Regards,'
    Bob

User Info Menu

I have had the fried chicken at Chicken Lavish several times, it has always been very good!

User Info Menu

fried chicken at chicken lavish is awesome...if havent tried it, someone told me to try the pork chop....it was delicious...

then a walk across the street for ice cream at swordfish....then a walk up tp doc's 420 for dabs and back to canoe for drinks before heading back home...a great way to spend an evening
    Last edited by groove16; 11-20-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Headed to Home Sweet Home on Friday, 11/25... has the water been too rough to swim during your entire stay... debating whether to bring all of our snorkel gear.
    How do you like staying there?? Thanks!
    Travel light and celebrate the journey

User Info Menu

This is a bit unusual as it has been 3 days of unswimable ocean. They have a small pool here. We brought our snorkel gear and haven't used it much, but I'd be upset if I didn't bring it and the water was calm. HSH has been mostly quiet, maybe 4 or 5 rooms taken. Rooms are clean with good a\c and 32" (or so) cable TV. Restaurant onsite or a number of places to eat within a 10 minute walk. All rooms have at least a 6' X 10' balcony. Wifi is pitiful. You might want to ask for an interior room as road noise may be a bit of concern for the rooms backing up to the road. There is a nice second story deck (over the restaurant) that we sit to watch the sunsets. We would stay here again. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Thanks Bob. We are looking forward to our stay. We have an oceanfront suite, so the road noise will be a non issue. How long will you be there? We arrive approx. 4:00pm on Friday...
    Travel light and celebrate the journey

User Info Menu

This will be our 5th and final night. The ocean is still too rough for swimming today.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the report and photos Bob.
    Safe travels tomorrow.