Reading about Charlie's passing (nbcc) has reminded me of how hard Jamaica can be on those who live there.A great number of us on this board have been guests there for many years and have developed friendships with the people who work and live there. It seems that we lose someone far too often and with increasing regularity.From the guy on the beach advertising with a bullhorn(v**** missiles,hot hot hot) to the guy keeping the beach and our belongings just so at our resort.It is hard for most hard working people there to afford to go to a doctor until in a lot of cases it is too late;sometimes it's misfortune sometimes bad luck.I have lost many over the years who I have thought of as friends and I guess that to some degree it is a result of being there so often. From sickness that drags on,heart attacks,traffic accidents,murder,old age,etc. it is always hard to realize that the place we love so much will never be exactly as we have known it for so long. BIG UPS to just some of the many: Charlie (beach),Blade(kuyaba),Errol(beach),Vivian(beach),P ee Wee, Winsome (west end),Peachy(west end),Indian(west end),Steve(blue cave),Mila(west end)Zukie(west end).........................so many others live on in our hearts.