Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Zion Hill, some good vibes and positivity

User Info Menu

Zion Hill, some good vibes and positivity

I feel like all my posts this past week have been ***** sessions, so I wanted to share some good vibes.

And that always starts with getting picked up by Linston at the airport. I've fallen into a routine that consists of a couple beers at the grouper or club mobay, followed by a stop at the cambio and stop at the mini mart there for a couple more beers. Next stop is the mega mart for some booze and other necessities.
    Then it's on the road. Always a fun drive and good conversation with Linston.

Reggae marathon was fantastic, as was the "worlds best pasta party" I'll save that for a different post.

Spent Monday up on Zion hill. Linston's mom made some steam fish with coconut and rice and peas. Awesome to get some home cooking. After lunch he drove me up the hill to see the rest of the property. We hung out on the hill top for a couple hours while I drank a few red stripe and Linston told me about the property, the past and some possibilities for the future. The view is wonderful and the only disturbance is from the neighborhood goats and chickens. If you have the opportunity, get up there for a few hours to visit.
    I have a family friend back home with a similar property that he bought 45 years ago in the mountains in Pennsylvania. Mellow and quiet with the piece of mind that comes when being king of the hill.

Some other good stuff...

Rode the love bus on Sunday and Wednesday. I think this was probably my 11 and 12th. Saw some of the regular spots and a couple new ones. No name bar being one of my favorites. It's been around for some time, so I'm sure I've been there before but this time I'll remember it If you get a chance, go check those guys out. Taught some guests how to play domino at Peewees.It was fun sharing that experience.
    Many repeat customers on the bus but a lot of newbies too. I enjoy watching people and how they react to some of the sights. Some take to it all right away and some don't hit their stride until a few bars in.

A LOT of other business could learn a thing or two from Lenbert and Linston about creating relationships and earning repeat business. They should probably teach a course. I read a book early in my sales career called Raving fans. It spoke about fostering relationships and creating more than just a customer. Maybe I should start a go fund me so I can get it translated into patios.

Had a nice quiet dinner at three star by bourbon beach. Colin is a good cook and gracious host. And the price is right. 600J for slab of king fish with rice and peas. Go check them out.

Sitting under the Seagrape tree at Firefly now. Was only here for thirty mins when I see Dean, the jerk pork guy walking by. Lunch is served!
    Staying in the spartan secrets cabins. Outdoor showers for the next three days. But who needs a shower when the sea is right there? My seat mates on the flight home might have a differing opinion . Ha!

Right now would be perfect if it wasn't for this guest behind me chain smoking cravin A's. Wish she would just smoke a sub like everyone else
    Sorry. Going negative again.

I've been pondering that. I think the negative stands out for me because my expectation is for everything to be "irie" because it often is here. Back home, I've explained to people that daily life isn't perfect but there are perfect moments if you pay attention. Here it's the opposite, so I guess that's why we all keep coming back even though the towels are not yet ready, you can't have meat with your meal plan, the rastatutes are annoying and won't stop being grabby, or the fact that no one ever has change.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-08-2016 at 08:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Zion Hill, some good vibes and positivity

Hey MikeyNYC,

Cool report.
    Yep, I agree, Zion Hill has great potential.

I have to venture out more to the westend spots.
    To find these places.

Now, on the beach...
    3 Star by Bourbon Beach?
    King fish with rice and peas?
    Sounds good.... and healthy too.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Now we are talking!! Let the GOOD vibes flow!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Hey Mikey, I'm sitting right next to you...no not the chaismoker...I'll buy you a beer!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Hey Mikey, I'm sitting right next to you...no not the chaismoker...I'll buy you a beer!
    Haha. I just said To someone yesterday that everyone always sees everything here.
    I'm looking around but I don't see you?

Administrator

User Info Menu

She's in the black top, at the property right next door. Look for the two most non-tanned people at the bar.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Look past Skip...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

lol................... for real.. .i thought she had a good tan

User Info Menu

i love mi some SUNBEACH....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Look past Skip...
    good landmark.....