As I lay in Miami in intensive care I thought this is a good time to write my story. My wife and I love negril so much so we have been spending winters there the last 10 years. We went down for a quick 2 weeks after a crazy farm season. 10 days into it I had a pain I thought was constipation I waited till the next day to call nurse Beth ( yes keep her number available ) . She arranged an appointment with Dr Grant for me who wanted to do an ultrasound but only do at 4 pm. I was in so much pain they couldn't determine what was wrong with me and said to get back to Dr in the US. The next day we were on a flight to the nearest hospital ( Miami ) I live in New Hampshire. I was wheelchair edge in to the emergency room and immediately was on the surgeons table at Jackson memorial with a burst appendix. It had burst two days before ! I am on day 9 and will be in recovery room for another week. Had I had travel insurance I could have been flown by private medical jet and saved a lot of time. I would like to give kudos to Dr Grant and nurse Beth as well as my buddy tallman for their assistance but they could only do so much . I will be okay but it has been a tough 9 days here so far but am thankful to be alive . Of course we will be back down for the winter but much more ready for something like this .
Still loving Jamaica and happy to be alive
Farmer