Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Me!

User Info Menu

Not Me!

There are a few activities that I will never do. One is parasailing - oh I know many people do it but not this girl. The others are below.

Name:  20161215103532.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  89.8 KB

For this one my balance wouldn't allow me to do.

Name:  20161214115536.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  89.6 KB

And here are a few "regular" pix.

Name:  20161224115516.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  20161224115552.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  20161224115537.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  89.4 KB
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Re: Not Me!

LOL,I use to pull the Big Mabel behind my wave runner it was a BLAST!! Live life once and to the fullest! (grin)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Any Christmas trees or Santa spotted on da beach yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince I haven't seen Santa - he must be too busy to sit in the sun
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

In 1982, they used to strap you on and take you off from the beach and shallow water. OK, but they brought you back, overland, over the trees etc. back to the beach...whew! Did that once and now I don't have to do that again.

User Info Menu

I did it that way with Honeys waters sports 1980 or so. Dropped me twice then he got me up. Great times

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    In 1982, they used to strap you on and take you off from the beach and shallow water. OK, but they brought you back, overland, over the trees etc. back to the beach...whew! Did that once and now I don't have to do that again.
    I saw a lady get blown into a building under construction in the early 90's due to a similar scenario, hence why you will never see me in one of those either. Safety is not necessarily as important in some 3rd world countries.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I saw a lady get blown into a building under construction in the early 90's due to a similar scenario, hence why you will never see me in one of those either. Safety is not necessarily as important in some 3rd world countries.
    That right there is why I won't do that. No thanks. Makes me shudder at the thought.

User Info Menu

Honeymoon 1985, did the parasailing, frailed harness and rope, takeoff was running along the shoreline till the boat got you off the ground, landing was even more of a challenge !! land in the water and run or be dragged along the shoreline,.still had a great time and have been back to the island almost every year since. now we wont even consider jumping off the lowest point at Ricks, and the rest of the story goes like this, remember when people used travel agents, we used one to plan our honeymoon, wanted some place casual and fun our first to Jamaica, she suggested a new resort that had not been open to long we said sure sounds great what it called? She replied " Hedonism " this story could go on forever, but in the end it comes down too Love Negril, Love the People and hope to make many more return trips.
    Last edited by boundforsun; 12-25-2016 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

Before Hedonism it was called Negril Beach Village, the first AI in Negril and one of about 4 hotels between the river and Rutland Point. NBV used plastic shark teeth as its currency and I was able on a couple occasions to slip through the guards into the property. They had a nude beach there at the time but it was not the resort that it later turned into. They offered Water Skiing as one of their water sports. Does anybody still water ski?? Otherwise the only other boats were the small sailboats that CaptainD used to rent on the beach towards town, the waters in Negril were fairly calm back then.

Name:  Calm Water (Medium).jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  49.7 KBName:  Lazy Day.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  94.3 KB