Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Pink Floyd fans heard Dub Side of the Moon?

User Info Menu

Any Pink Floyd fans heard Dub Side of the Moon?

Was downloading some music for our upcoming trip and found this album done by Easy Star All-stars. Cool stuff!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Any Pink Floyd fans heard Dub Side of the Moon?

Excellent!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Yes, that's a great record! I think they have a Beatles dub record, too.

On a somewhat related note, I have a live album from Gov't Mule called "Dub Side of the Mule", which features Toots Hibbert on most of the songs. On a recent trip to Negril, I was playing some of the tracks while chilling on our veranda at the Sea Grape villa. Juicy, the cook at the Sea Grape, then came over to our cottage to bring us breakfast. A smile instantly came to his face as he heard Toots's voice belting out Pressure Drop. He sat down for a minute to listen to the music and tell us about how he saw Toots and the Maytals back in the day. He told us that Toots would frequently play shows in Negril, but not so much anymore. I keep meaning to burn him a copy of the album on CD and give it to him on our next trip

Anyway, that's another good album to download for your upcoming trip - Dub Side of the Mule.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Yes, that's a great record! I think they have a Beatles dub record, too.

On a somewhat related note, I have a live album from Gov't Mule called "Dub Side of the Mule", which features Toots Hibbert on most of the songs. On a recent trip to Negril, I was playing some of the tracks while chilling on our veranda at the Sea Grape villa. Juicy, the cook at the Sea Grape, then came over to our cottage to bring us breakfast. A smile instantly came to his face as he heard Toots's voice belting out Pressure Drop. He sat down for a minute to listen to the music and tell us about how he saw Toots and the Maytals back in the day. He told us that Toots would frequently play shows in Negril, but not so much anymore. I keep meaning to burn him a copy of the album on CD and give it to him on our next trip

Anyway, that's another good album to download for your upcoming trip - Dub Side of the Mule.
    Interesting, I have their Dark Side of the Mule Album, will look for the dub version.

User Info Menu

They also have a Rolling Stones version , I believe it is called Paint It Black

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

No I have not heart the dub … but I will. Thanks. Anyone like Dire Straits?

User Info Menu

There is also alt version called Dubber Side of the Moon and Radio Dread (OK Computer album cover) by Easy Star All Stars. Good stuff.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu