Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travellers cheques or Cash?

Sponsor

User Info Menu

travellers cheques or Cash?

2014 seems like a lifetime ago - 58 trips under my belt but somehow still uncomfortable with the Cambio - all eyes on me as I enter - and leave
    any current helpful tips are appreciated
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

Re: travellers cheques or Cash?

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    2014 seems like a lifetime ago - 58 trips under my belt but somehow still uncomfortable with the Cambio - all eyes on me as I enter - and leave
    any current helpful tips are appreciated
    What would induce you to feel more comfortable?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Have your taxi driver accompany you to and from the atm, give him a couple bucks , and all is good !!!

User Info Menu

Great you have your eyes open … I sure hope you can dismiss all and own your space.

User Info Menu

where are u staying?.....bring cash and ask the place your staying at to change it...

User Info Menu

Carrie, it is true, many eyes are you in Negril, trust that, especially going to the bank, cambios, and ATMs.........trust that !

User Info Menu

Scotia Bank ATM at Time Square is the best bet. Not many eyes are watching you, outside of the shopkeepers who want you to come in and spend some money. With fees, you are in the same ballpark as bringing cash and using a cambio. I bring two cards from two different accounts, just in case one is compromised, however I have never had one compromised in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

booger... I know you have heard the sayin in Negril... ''the bushes have eyes..'' no ???

User Info Menu

JojoP...."Bushes have ears, walls have eyes."

Lee if you're wanting to use a more private cambio...try the FX Trader/Western Union next to the HiLo.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 01-02-2017 at 10:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Bnewb, I knew it was something like that...lol..... I just wanted to let lee know that I understood her anxiousness going to the bank, I like going to the Scotia bank, because I always
    withdraw U.S. money, and not sure if any of the other places offer the choice