Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendliest beachfronts?

User Info Menu

Friendliest beachfronts?

Could anyone recommend the best resort beach fronts to sit at when you're not staying at any of the beach resorts? I'll be staying at West End most of the time but when I go to beach I'm not sure which resorts are cool with you sitting at their place even if I purchase drinks and food. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Friendliest beachfronts?

Sunbeach is just what you are looking for, they have a nice beach, which a lot of folk use, a nice bar, the food is great, and they have servers to serve you as you lay on your chair, they have
    umbrellas to use as well if you need.

User Info Menu

White Sands is a spot we often end up at. Nice, older security guy (can't remember his name!) will get you a chair and their bar has great specials. Restaurant is good too.

User Info Menu

I second "Sunbeach". Evryting irie mon'

User Info Menu

For a nominal fee, Cosmos is very friendly. They will supply beach chairs and I think they have showers there.
    Not to mention some good food.

User Info Menu

Most resorts are visitor friendly as long as your drinking and/or eating at the property.
    If you wanted to stay in the West End and still enjoy a beach...Canoe is great.
    Yellow Bird is another easy place to hang out at the beach.
    Margaritaville offers a shuttle...Woodstock is another good location.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    White Sands is a spot we often end up at. Nice, older security guy (can't remember his name!) will get you a chair and their bar has great specials. Restaurant is good too.
    Liddon is the old security guard. Just buy him a beer he will set you up with a great spot. I will be there soon myself!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

We exclusively stay on the the cliffs, and have a few spots that we like to drop in on when we visit the beach. As mentioned, Sun beach is our first choice. Cosmo's is a great no-hassle spot that it is located up by the All Inclusives. However, please note that there is a fee to rent a beach chair.

On our last trip we spent some time at Woodstock. Another great spot, with food and drink service at your lounge chair. We also like using the beach at Charela. At Charela, they will charge you for a $15 (I think) voucher that can be used at their restaurant. Tip the security guard and he will find you a lounge chair and towel.

User Info Menu

Margaritaville is a good place to hang out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    Liddon is the old security guard. Just buy him a beer he will set you up with a great spot. I will be there soon myself!!

Yes, that's him! 44 days!