Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Wench/Donna Kay

User Info Menu

Wench/Donna Kay

Not sure how many of you on here know my friend Donna Kay but she went by the moniker Wench on here. She used to frequent the board quite a bit a few years ago.

She's been battling cancer since before Christmas in 2015 and she lost the fight on New Years Day 2017.

I just wanted to make sure that if there were indeed some folks on here that knew her that they were aware of what has happened.

She, like many of us, fell in love with Jamaica the moment she walked out of the airport the very first time. She took a serious liking to Negril and visited sometimes three times a year there for a while.

It won't be the same coming there this year without her being there but I will count my blessings and take whatever enjoyment I can as she wouldn't want it any other way.

Cancer is a beast and it doesn't discriminate.

Name:  donnakay.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  45.4 KB
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Re: Wench/Donna Kay

She was just there in October 2016 with her daughter. Thankfully they got to share Negril together!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Awww Crusher...thanks so much for letting us all know. I had quite a few pm's with this lovely lady and got to know a bit about her through our messages and we are lucky enough to have met.
    Condolences and respect sent to Donna Kay's family and friends.
    Lisa and Rob

User Info Menu

I did not know "Wench" but do know the feeling of falling in love with Jamaica right from the first step off the plane and onto the tarmac. She was so fortunate to be able to take her last trip. My condolences to her family and friends.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I have a great idea! Let's have a boardie bash on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I remember her name, I am sorry tp have lost another beautiful soul to this disease. As a Cancer Nurse, I fight everyday I pray as well. I am grateful that she was able to experience Negril Ja. a wonderful mystical convergence of understanding, peace and life giving place Jah lives!
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

Chrusher, thank you for sharing. It shows the love you knew she had with the board and Negril. I'm so happy she was able to visit with her daughter so recently. Condolences to all her family and friends.

User Info Menu

Condolences, Crusher. It's always a bummer to lose a friend.