Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: A few random pix

User Info Menu

A few random pix

Hey Capt. Can you tell me what kind of ship this is? I think you told me once before but I can't remember.

Name:  20170104095945.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  20170104111107.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  89.6 KB

This house/hotel is out near the point.

Name:  20170104113446.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  90.0 KB

Many people work hard like this lady.

Name:  20170104100839.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  95.4 KB

Sand gravity hits hard sometimes and picture ops are a bit limited.

Name:  20170104135819.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  93.1 KB
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Re: A few random pix

Got my camera in the mail today! Charging up the battery and going to play around with it! Hoping I can take as good of pictures as you!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful scenery! I do love seeing all the people on the beach, but the sea views are just wonderful!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Hey Capt. Can you tell me what kind of ship this is? I think you told me once before but I can't remember.
    She's a light (5,000 tonnes) container ship that can unload herself using her two cranes meaning she can unload containers at at any little wharf. I ran those ships 40 years ago and other than these are newer. it's the same trade

Here's a closer look:

Cap

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  30.7 KB
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Thanks Cap. It makes it easier to load and unload if the cranes are there. Amazing that the technology remains almost the same.
    Last edited by SLP; 01-04-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Got my camera in the mail today! Charging up the battery and going to play around with it! Hoping I can take as good of pictures as you!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful scenery! I do love seeing all the people on the beach, but the sea views are just wonderful!
    I'm sure that you will enjoy the camera. Be sure to take lots of pix and post them here.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

SLP
    That ship is from the Seaboard shipping Company out of Kingston. It's not uncommon to see those ships on the horizon while sitting on the beach in Negril. This company ships world wide but those smaller container ships are mostly seen heading back and forth between Kingston and Montego Bay. Way more cost effective to move containers this way between Jamaica's two major ports than driving them along the poor roads on Jamaica's south coast. You can sometimes see these ships in port in Montego Bay. Their dock is right behind the Montego Bay police station in the Free-port area.

User Info Menu

That's not a ship, that's a Frenzy Ocean Kayak

User Info Menu

No its a slow Jet Ski.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    No its a slow Jet Ski.
    There ya go Jaherring !!!

User Info Menu