Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing Rum Cream basck to US

User Info Menu

Re: Bringing Rum Cream basck to US

Here is a rum crème tip...
    On year US Customs got all bent out of shape because they said I was over the alcohol limit on 6 bottles. I told him it was a liqueur and he said "Oh, OK"
    On the customs form I now always note that it is RUM CREME LIQUER.

User Info Menu

Another tip,

If buying in Negril, buy in multiples of 3 bokkles in the places like Hi-Lo, Quality Traders, or Chineymon (and probably other places that I don't frequent as well). You get a slight discount (called the wholesale discount) when you buy in 3s. In my experience this makes the price in Negril almost as low as the price at the Duty Free at the airport and you can pack the bokkles into your checked baggage and not have to mess with transferring, etc. I buy nearly everything in 3s in Negril, Ting, Spices, etc.

User Info Menu

Thanks Monty&Melo

User Info Menu

Warning, Upon landing in Minneapolis I saw much rum cream broken - frozen bottles leaking from suitcases and on the baggage claim rotary!

User Info Menu

Frozen? Never happened to my in 20+ years carrying it. Hope never. The family expects this annual "resupply". Not sold in the ABC stores here.

User Info Menu

I always bring a soft cooler for the beach so I put my bottles in there for protection and then went to a hard shell for checked luggage..no more broken bottles..I learned the hard way once..lol

User Info Menu

My flight to Wisconsin had a connection in New Jersey. I was told that I would have to check the rum cream in NJ before boarding my flight to MKE. So I decided against buying any and just went on my way. So disappointed that it isn't sold here in the States, just breaks my heart. We use Rumchata as a substitute, best we can do.