Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: nitetime dress

User Info Menu

nitetime dress

Do people usually dress up at nite? Long pants, etc?

User Info Menu

Re: nitetime dress

If you are at an AI or High priced hotel.......otherwise, NO. Capital of Casual.

User Info Menu

I tend to dress up a little at night, I put on my flip flops instead of going barefoot all the time.

User Info Menu

always in shorts, day and nite, i never bring pants to Jamaica, if we go out to eat, crocks, shorts, descent t shirt, soon come

User Info Menu

Some times a tuxedo,

some times jacket and tie,

some times business casual,

most times shorts and flip flops

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 01-21-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

My husband has never once worn anything but a tank top, shorts, and sandals to dinner. Granted I iron his shorts and tank tops so they look presentable. I like to get a little dressed up in a sundress or capris but very often we end up with friends at Alfred's for dinner in our swimsuits and coverups. In 27 years we've never encountered a dress code anywhere.

User Info Menu

Dress up anyway you like. Everything is good.

User Info Menu

shorts, tshirts and sandals are the usual apparel here.....can't remember the last time mi wore pants here.....true

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgoldkopf View Post
    Do people usually dress up at nite? Long pants, etc?
    Or dress down at Hedo LOL!

User Info Menu

Hi!

I generally agree with the posts here, and especially agree with frankk : wear what you are comfortable in.

While Negril is the capital of casual, you will notice that some people choose to dress for evenings. Sometimes it feels good to take a nice shower and dress in a smart outfit after being on the beach all day.

As a woman in my mid-30's who is on vacation to see the sights, enjoy the beach, and visit with friends, going out for dinner and dancing in shorts and a tank top is perfectly comfortable. I've even been out at Bourbon Beach in a bathing suit and cover up dress. Everything I wear is clean and clean cut (no ripped or cut off clothes at night (or in the day for that matter, but that's just me and my wardrobe)). I have worn lightweight pants before in the evening and felt comfortable, but in general, with shorts, dresses, and skirts, nothing goes beyond the knee. I don't wear a lot of jewelry anyway, so I don't bring anything more than that for vacation. I've only vacationed with a man at an all inclusive a few years ago (I'm solo for now ), so he adhered to the dress codes of the restaurants we ate at- dress shorts (his were Izod brand), and dress slacks (Izod, too). The wonderful man-friends I have vacationed with in Negril generally wear shorts and shirts in the evening.

I would consider where you are planning to eat - some restaurants have a dress code. I look at the general pricing and decide what is appropriate to wear. If you don't have that kind of a plan, or like to play it by ear, what do you imagine for your evening meals - wander the beach and get a bite to eat, jerk chicken barrel along the beach road, or make a reservation for a special night out? I could dress differently for each of these situations. All inclusive hotel restaurants have posted requirements, of course.

I would also consider what you want to do in the evening. Hanging out on your porch? you might want long, linen pants to ward off potential biting buggies. Going to the night club, you might want to dress to impress. Typical music venue on the beach, I'd focus on personal comfort.

I am trying really hard not to over pack this coming trip. I always focus on the what if's, but I've decided to make a plan and stick to it. I know what I want to do while in town and I know which clothes I will be comfortable in for each of those activities. I'm bringing swim wear, shorts, a skirt, a knee length dress, and tank tops. That will take me from wake-up to bed-time on the beach and in town.

Packing is my favorite pre-trip activity. I can't wait to throw open the suitcase and get it done in April!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion