Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Looking For Quality Rasta Necklace

User Info Menu

Looking For Quality Rasta Necklace

Hello everyone. I will be in Negril next week and I would like to purchase a well made rasta necklace. You know, the ones with the red, black, green and yellow beads. I would like something made with a hemp cord that will not break easily.

I don't want the cheaply made ones that many vendors sell which they get wholesale from China or where ever. Something locally made is what I want. Preferably something made by a rasta but that isn't necessary as long as its made to last a while.

Anyone know of a quality crafts maker somewhere along the beach that might have something like this?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

That will be tough .............. finding a necklace on the beach ............ LOL

User Info Menu

Yes, Courtney is a wood carver located on property at Grand Pineapple. Highly recommend. Ask security guard to let you on property to view what he sells. You should be allowed to do that.

User Info Menu

Check out Jango, he has the crafts table at Charela Inn. If he doesn't have what you seek he will gladly make something custom for you. Tell him Ed & Donna sent you.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the two helpful responses. It won't be a problem getting on Grand Pineapple property since we will be staying there.

Peace.

User Info Menu

check out where they have the donkey races on the beach, there is a vendor that custom made me one with a sharks tooth, cheap prices, soon come

User Info Menu

you'll be dripping in them by the time you come back - loads of necklaces, bracelets, anklets, earrings, rings in a variety of prices - enjoy

User Info Menu

I got a couple from the guy who sits at the entrance to Kaisers on the West End--he made them for me and charged really reasonable prices. I have been wearing the anklet every day and night since over a year ago without it breaking or coming off.
    Last edited by irieworld; 10-22-2011 at 04:46 PM.

User Info Menu

There are numerous styles for this...Show a picture of what you might want like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgBkzEgILBQ

User Info Menu

Thanks for the responses. I like simple things... not overly ornate. I had a necklace that alternated the 4 coloured beads but it was cheaply made and didn't last long. I need to upgrade. I will check out the vendor at Grand Pineapple first and go from there.

I don't like to get totally ripped off on price but I also don't mind paying a bit too much either. I mean, I have the resources to be a wee bit frivolous. I budget for it. I generally stay at all-inclusives, but I tip well even when not required. Sometimes I freak the locals out with my generosity. To me, there are not too many things more fun than putting a smile on someone's face by giving them a little extra cash. Gardeners, cooks, and security guards are just some of the people that get my recognition. Its really easy to make someone's day in Jamaica. Wages are atrociously low. Resort owners may make bank but the rank and file worker makes little.

I'm not a "rookie" traveler to Jamaica, btw. While I don't claim to have the experience of many of you, I have been around a little. When I travel, I don't want to go anywhere else but Jamaica mon! It's always irie even if you have to take a little bad with the good. The good stuff far outweighs the bad so here I go again!

The people of Jamaica is what brings me back.

Peace.