Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: calling negril from u.s

User Info Menu

calling negril from u.s

hello, realize this is a tired subject but i call to Negril 4 to 6 times a year and had used pennytalk. realize they charge a monthly fee so did not appear like a bargain to me. we use whats app when calling our friends but we also tend to call hotels or other businesses . any suggestions on a service to use? thank you

User Info Menu

Re: calling negril from u.s

I would definitely check with the hotel or business and see if they have a what's app account... many do!

I used my JA phone to call a hotel a few months ago. I don't know how much it cost... I did a $10-ish dollar top up before my call. At home, my digicel roams on t-mobile.

Maybe check with your mobile provider and see if there is daily international plan that might be worth the effort.

Being naive, how much does it cost to call Jamaica from US? Is it worth searching out a deal or calling plan for a few phone calls a year? Thanks!

Best!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

I use facebook messenger.It has a video feed so you can hear and see them. Just have them get the app and they can use their phone. Rebtel is my phone choice. If you call a landline there, which alot of hotels have, it is much cheaper.

User Info Menu

thank you. regarding the cost . i actually have not checked in a while . is had been about 75c per minute for a land line

User Info Menu

I've been paying around 18c per minute from Rebtel to a landline.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    thank you. regarding the cost . i actually have not checked in a while . is had been about 75c per minute for a land line
    Thanks! I had no idea. I do think that's a lot! Good luck!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

I have a Verizon company account. Six lines US

International plan ...Five dollars a month for one line and five cents a minute.

I talk with Linson daily. The cost is acceptable.

Depends on how much you really will talk to JA.

The more you use the cheaper it gets

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 02-13-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave