Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Check In vs Carry On....?

User Info Menu

Check In vs Carry On....?

Are you an overpacker check in or carry it all on kinda person?
    Name (1) Unusual thing you pack that's makes people question you about it..like why did you bring that

Carry it all on...no time to wait for luggage if it doesn't fit it don't go...lol
    Everytime I mention I bring my "Portable man" folks ask me why! well the answer is obvious!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Re: Check In vs Carry On....?

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Are you an overpacker check in or carry it all on kinda person?
    Name (1) Unusual thing you pack that's makes people question you about it..like why did you bring that

Carry it all on...no time to wait for luggage if it doesn't fit it don't go...lol
    Everytime I mention I bring my "Portable man" folks ask me why! well the answer is obvious!
    We are planning on bringing an inflatable air mattress this time so we can get 3 adults and 1 7 year old in a single hotel room. By the way, does anyone know if they can be purchased in Mobay? Might make sense to buy there and leave behind

User Info Menu

Knife, always. A few tools, usually. Liquids > 3 oz. Usually spare machine parts for friends who own a house and spend winters down there. Once, a backpack fire extinguisher. Once, a large wok.

It's easy to say "just buy it there", but I don't want to spend any time going from store to store looking for something that I already own and can just throw in a suitcase for free (I get one checked bag for free).

User Info Menu

Always carry-on. Besides the cost savings (like just the return flight baggage fee pays for, oh, Club MoBay), I like saving the time when I leave Jamaica. If I don't have a bag to check I get to go to the kiosk to check in and in two minutes I'm on my way to security. Checking a bag means I have to wait in those awful lines for a person to check me in...no thanks, I'll spend that hour in Jamaica doing fun stuff!

As a matter of fact, the flight out was very full so they asked for volunteers to check bags and we did - right at the gate, no waiting, no fee. That I'll do if the opportunity arises.

This last trip I had a wheeled carryon and a backpack and still brought too many clothes (on a 10 day trip).

User Info Menu

I don't need much so everything fits in a carry on. My wife on the other hand needs a full size piece of luggage for all her stuff.

User Info Menu

I have absolutely no idea how a chick can get along with a carryon........
    Shoes..... 3 pairs of sandals
    walking shoes (sneakers)
    heels /Jungle ...lol
    Mosquito spray....lots of it
    Sun tan lotion
    Sunblock
    towels for beach
    floaties for beach
    snacks
    mini cd and dvd player for music and movies
    short, dresses, tops and skirts for 10 days
    hair product
    after sun lotion and lotion
    shampoo and conditioner
    toothpaste, and all the other sundries
    snacks oh,... did I say that already
    A couple bottles of Vodka for the room
    and last but not least, a birthday gift for my girl !!!!!!!

Shoot, and I'm low maintenance !!!!!

User Info Menu

I agree ohliz, why hang around the airport waiting.
    Took some convincing to the wife, but she's a pro @ it now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I have absolutely no idea how a chick can get along with a carryon........
    Shoes..... 3 pairs of sandals
    walking shoes (sneakers)
    heels /Jungle ...lol
    Mosquito spray....lots of it
    Sun tan lotion
    Sunblock
    towels for beach
    floaties for beach
    snacks
    mini cd and dvd player for music and movies
    short, dresses, tops and skirts for 10 days
    hair product
    after sun lotion and lotion
    shampoo and conditioner
    toothpaste, and all the other sundries
    snacks oh,... did I say that already
    A couple bottles of Vodka for the room
    and last but not least, a birthday gift for my girl !!!!!!!

Shoot, and I'm low maintenance !!!!!

Simple, just leave it all there

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I check luggage and bring the biggest carry on that the particular airline will allow. The checked luggage usually has a few gifts or requested items for long time friends.
    One time I packed three pair of blue jeans, can't recall why, but I never had a chance to wear them!!!

Since 1992 I have never had customs pull me aside or check my luggage. Very lucky!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Cap, are you talking leave it all there when I leave to go home, yes sir... I do !
    Security gets any leftover booze and Red stripe, I leave housekeeping all the lotions and things, I even gave my housekeeper last year my DVD player, and movies,
    floaties stay behind for other guest, clothes is the only thing that comes back with me !!