Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pot on the Beach

User Info Menu

Re: Pot on the Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    Much better to have smokers then the crack-heads dealers that were prevalent in the past. Plus with decriminalization the police can focus on the real problems (violence, crack, etc...) instead of someone smoking a spliff.

The hotel we stayed in the last two trips and again this April was always a "no ganja smoking" establishment. Now there is open smoking on the beach. So goes it.

Any logical person should know ahead of time that ganja is everywhere in Jamaica. It is mentioned on every travel site I have looked at. If they are offended by ganja my suggestion is to find another island to visit.

The Jamaican Government is moving quickly to commercialize ganja based products and medicines. It is a product and business that is booming.
    It is Jamaica. I was shocked last month when some folks from the states were telling us that it was illegal for us to smoke in Jamaica because it is illegal in the states (derp, not everywhere). The same couple was explaining the virtues of donald trump being president.

User Info Menu

I just tell them I only smoke "home grown"

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I was approached by a dealer on the beach on our last day of the trip and turned the tables on him by trying to get him to buy the stuff I had remaining. I caught him totally off guard and we both shared a good laugh.
    Last edited by Muck; 03-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muck View Post
    I was approached by a dealer on the beach on our last day of the trip and turned the tables on him by trying to get him to buy the stuff I had remaining. I caught him totally off guard and we both shared a good laugh.
    I occasionally buy a stack of cd's from the guys that walk the beach (I think there's two different guys, can anyone confirm?) Over the years, I've probably amassed 40 of those things. So by now I have all the trad and roots stuff I want, so I usually just ask for whats new. I know I could stream or DL all the same stuff, but I like to think of these as "curated"
    Anyway, I have this idea that I'm gonna pack them and bring them with me and bust them out next time he shows up at my beach chair and offer to sell them back to him just to see his reaction.

User Info Menu

The drug testing comment works every time.

User Info Menu

1 man 1 joint....no sharing here!

User Info Menu

We have never been hassled about buying ganja. I'm not sure why? Maybe because we've used the drug tested line before (with hubby and a true story) or the fact that a few on the beach know me as "principal" so they don't ask? When we were there the last couple weeks, I cannot think of one time we were even asked to buy it....or maybe I just don't pay that much attention because I expect to be asked? It was way more prevalent this past trip than even last year (not sure when the decriminalization started). Doesn't bother me...to each their own.

[/url]

User Info Menu

just say... no.....one word

User Info Menu

I think last year was the only year people tried to sell me ganja on the beach. Untill last year we always stayed at the same place and people always recognised us and left us alone. In the past it seemed the people selling it on the beach knew i always got it from people who worked where we stayed and seemed to respect that. It always amazed me how Jamaicans who worked the beach remembered us and knew we came every year and were happy to just say hi and welcome home. Last year was much different for our first week. Felt like fresh meat untill i had a good tan and took off my green bracelet from where we were staying. To us the vendors on the beach have always been part of the negril experience we loved but i can see how it would be overwhelming to some people

User Info Menu

"To us the vendors on the beach have always been part of the Negril experience".
    This is true, I agree. As long as they are "vending" something and not only pot or other drugs.
    Patties, cigareeeets!, Orange juuuce!, hats, parasailing!, snawkling.