Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MoBay Departure Lead Time?

User Info Menu

Re: MoBay Departure Lead Time?

Here are the factors that affect what time we leave for the MoBay airport:
    What time is your flight?
    What day of the week are you flying?
    Will you be in rush hour traffic going into MoBay?
    Did you pack the night before?
    Did you stay out late?
    How many people in your group and are some of them not very "timely" or organized?

Are you planning on eating before the airport?
    Are you checking luggage?
    Did you pay for MoBay Club departure service?
    Do you need to shop at the Duty Free Shops?

User Info Menu

I usually don't have much of a wait for check-in, but I have been searched (both me and my carry on) a couple of times during security. The funniest ones were getting pulled out of the line going onto the plane and being searched again. Always fun being the last one on the plane and have people look at you like you're a smuggler. Could never figure out why I always got searched and not my ex, since I didn't look shifty. Turns out he did, so they searched me thinking I was the mule...lol! That's why he's my ex!

User Info Menu

Of course, the key part of this thread is "from when you arrive at the airport". The one time I was seriously worried about making our flight it was due to traffic congestion coming into MoBay, so it took almost an extra hour to get to the airport.

User Info Menu

Like most say, depends on the day of week and time of year but always remember, the airlines have their rules and they won't wait for you. So if you are heading to Mobay and there is a huge crash on the highway and no one can get through.....your missing your flight.

I like to be early. I check my bag then go outside and have a drink or something. Then go through security. And FYI, you absolutely can get a nice private search before heading home. It usually happens fairly quickly though but they will take you to a private room and make you think the worse.