Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cambios

User Info Menu

Cambios

Are there any open in Mobay on a Sun. If not, any suggestions on getting cash exchanged. Hilo, Mega Mart? If cambios are open, do you know the hours?

User Info Menu

Re: Cambios

I don't think the Cambios are open on Sunday. Not sure about getting cash at the stores. You can use an ATM or just pay in US, the rate may not be great but it is only for one day. Next time take some Jamaican dollars home with you so that you will be prepared for your next trip.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever gone to there local bank at home a exchange cash? Our bank offers this option but not sure on the rates.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jan24 View Post
    Has anyone ever gone to there local bank at home a exchange cash? Our bank offers this option but not sure on the rates.
    I did this recently with pesos, for a trip to Mexico. The exchange rate and the fees weren't the best, and it took 2 days to get the money. However the USD to peso conversation was so favorable, that I still came out ahead over using US dollars on my trip. I would consider doing it again, just to get enough currency to start my trip. In Mexico, many cambios were shut down due to money laundering concerns. They are much easier to find in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Jan24...you could make a purchase at the Mega Mart in Montego Bay and use US cash...they offer a very fair exchange rate on purchases.