Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another issue at sunnyside bar again

User Info Menu

Re: Another issue at sunnyside bar again

Booger yes Tony's has a great location love the view

User Info Menu

jamaicarob - sorry about this and I surely hope all goes well with your follow up tests! Scary stuff. How was Rooms? We're heading back soon...hoping all is as well as usual!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I had an issue there two years ago and have only been back 1 time since then. Robert and Maureen are great, however they need to deal with the rude boys who hang out on the picnic tables and work their hustle. Shame as the beers are cheap, however I would rather pay another buck and hang out at a place like Tony's Hut where they do not put up with that crap. These days I spend my time from Tony's Hut and the places to the north.
    no comment.....for real
    Last edited by JDd; 03-02-2017 at 09:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDd View Post
    no comment.....for real
    HUH?

And Rob(Jamaica), my apologies for getting righteous and not responding to your medical needs. I can only imagine how scary this was for your, especially as you have to give it time to see if all is well. Positive thoughts to you my man....

User Info Menu

Rob,

I hope your blood tests are good. Thank you for the warning.

Frank

User Info Menu

Its scary when you think of how negril has changed. It will take alot to keep me from spending time there but i will say its changed alot and i dont do the things i used to do, like walking home from MiYard at 4 or 5 am and spending time at some of my other late night hangouts in the west end. I always felt safe anywhere i went in Negril and i still do but i will admit i am much more cautious now and dont put myself in alot of situations i once did. Partly because i am older and partly because i have learned to be more cautious because of things i have heard and seen. It seems that its mostly the longtime visitors who stay at the smaller hotels and non ai properties and i know so many people who have gone once or twice and will never go back and if they do they will only stay at a big all inclusive property and never leave the grounds and venture out and see the real Negril. Scares me to think of what will happen in the future when all us long time visitors can no longer go or decide to start going somewhere else. I always speak highly of Negril but i dont reccomend it as much as i once did to people i know who have never been there and if i do i usually tell them if its thier first time they should either come with us or goto an all inclusive resort and try to go on a tour or two when they are there. I really hope things change for the better so Negril can thrive and continue making people fall in love with it like i did

User Info Menu

Jamaicarob i really hope everything goes well with your blood tests. I cant even what you are going through and how worried you must be. Sending positive thoughts your way.

User Info Menu

We love Robert and Maureen both. They are caring, giving people. There is always another side to every story. We will continue to frequent and support Sunnyside Bar.

User Info Menu

Very scary!! I hope everything goes well with your blood tests. Sending positive thoughts your way!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    We love Robert and Maureen both. They are caring, giving people. There is always another side to every story. We will continue to frequent and support Sunnyside Bar.
    I'm with you, Weathermon.

Rob, we do really appreciate you and of course your lovely wife Lisa rocks and we're truly hoping that you are clean and safe from this horrible incident.
    I know your view is understandably influenced by your previous experience and not to diminish your post...but my first thoughts are not that it's Sunnyside areas fault, but a possibility that the needle washed up from the high seas around that time. To think someone would openly be shooting up needles anywhere on the beach be it for illegal drugs or for medical reasons and then throw it in the sand seems very strange, even when the area may seem sketchy.

And yes, it was quite sketchy there for a period of time a couple years back...but thankfully the area has been cleaned up substantially and offers really nice food options along with Sunnyside's bar.

Once again, we hope everything turns out well and you are clean and safe...we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 03-03-2017 at 10:10 AM.