Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Another trip here but never far as as away

User Info Menu

Another trip here to Negril

We planned our trip sometime ago. At first I really thought I would be better staying home . I said to myself there are too many things that are unsettled that being away from home for two weeks could wait. Home is where I'm comfortable. Home is where I don't have to worry about things. I wouldn't have to worry about being around too many people . I wouldn't have to worry about going to airports . I just plain didn't have to worry about anything. I could just sit home and relax and do my laundry and go grocery shopping. And I said to myself think about that . I could be sitting on the beach reading a book basking in the sun enjoying the best food around having an occasional beer or glass of wine and basically enjoying myself of course spending time with my husband 's top on that list although he does say I like dogs better than him. This would be one of the few times we could spend time together and enjoy each others company and not have to worry about things . We ordered our tickets booked a room and on February 28th we flew to Montego Bay. Went through the proper steps to get out to where luggage should have been, we couldn't find them. We were repeatedly told which area to go to but they werent there. Then out of the blue comes a guy in a white shirt with both our bags on a cart . Finally we can look for a driver . My husband asked me to wait inside while he went to find the driver. Couldn't find him either so we decided to call the owner of the condo we were renting . The driver had been told to look for the couple with the girl holding onto the guys arm. You see I have Parkinson's so I hold on to my husband for support . The problem was he told me to wait inside what he went to find the driver . Things took much longer we expected, finally in the car on our way to Negril
    Getting the Negril around 5 o'clock, unpacked some of her things and hopped on a taxi to Best in the West chicken. We went to bed early as it is been along day . We would anticipate spending the next two weeks under the sun meeting up with people from previous years basically not on a schedule. We spent the next few days enjoying different restaurants we rented a scooter which we used to go to the grocery store and some other places for dinner . One of the best nights we went to drifters where the music was fun and it was enjoyable seeing different people come up on stage there were a couple of guys each with harmonicas that where awesome . We really enjoyed Jamaican a
    Gal that sang.think her name was Sistah . Another night we went the no-name bar where they also had music and another great Jamaican singer . We didn't do much other than taking the scooter around.. If there's one thing we noticed this trip it was that there was a lot of security and police almost everywhere we went . I realize that there's been some incidents in or near Negril the past few months so they're tightening up to make sure it's safe for everyone . Didn't mind that at all in fact we also for the very first time got pulled over on a bike to make sure we had our helmets on . Funny thing is that all the bikes that passed none of them had them on either. Needless to say we Wore them the rest of the time we used the bike. Yes we are much more cautious with where we went this trip but it was still a great great time and we'll go back again.
    Last edited by njsem; 03-15-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

User Info Menu

Re: Another trip here but never far as as away

Nice! Sounds like you had a nice chill time.

User Info Menu

Re: Another trip here but never far as as away

Keep sharing your experiences Negril is a great place