Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shauna (marley9808) & Raul's (ralonzo29) 1st Anniversary in Jamaica *Trip Report*

User Info Menu

Hey Manda! Glad to help out....yours did the same for me.
    When we got back home from our trip about a week and a half ago, I had over 30+ pages of your story to look forward to and by the time I sat down to read it, I read it all in one sitting and was luckily able to breeze past the suspense of who was at the door, LOL.
    Your story took me back to my very first trip as well. We experienced a whole lot of the island that trip and did things like we were invincible....some crazy, funny and thrilling stories that I will never forget. I vowed that very trip that I would return to Jamaica at least once a year, every year, until I die....so far I have only missed 2 years. This trip was #11 and each time I come home is when I start planning my next. Thank YOU for taking me back as well....no matter how many times I go, or how many stories and adventures I have...I will NEVER forget my first trip, and the first time I fell in love with my sweet Jamaica!

About Mystic Mountain, I think the ticket for the tranopy was around $120-125 or so.
    And about the rafting trip, I think Andre would be just fine. My husband is not a strong swimmer either, but he is getting so much better each trip. However, the river is not very deep at all and besides the rain, we never got wet once from the river water. Funny enough, while you are sitting on this raft made only of bamboo, I expected at some point for the river water to get us wet but it never did, not once...not even our legs/feet....the only reason we got wet was because of the rain. I say, go for it!

User Info Menu

Yeah Cinnni, the outdoor shower was awesome.....my hubby showered in it everyday except for one. It was sort of windy and he couldnt get his towel to stay over the window so he was bummed and all pouty that he couldnt shower in the outdoor shower.
    But you see, the towel placed over the window inside the shower is a must, because what you cannot tell from the angles of the pictures is that, that window inside that shower, is a wide open birds eye view for any of those sunset viewers at Ricks Cafe to get quite the show!!!! LOL

The window in the shower, though a nice touch, needs just a little bit of adjusting in the placement location LOL

User Info Menu

WOW! Your pictures are killer. Relating to your happy dance as well when you hit the gates. You summed up Catcha very well. I could gone on and on, but you would think I owned stock in the place. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Aww! I'm so happy that the sun was shining when you arrived in Negril! Those pictures of Catcha are incredibly beautiful!!! I'm so excited now about our upcoming trip! Thank you so much for sharing these awesome pics!! I just showed them to Markus and he's totally psyched too!

We haven't booked our transport yet. Thanks for the heads up about Chicken and his Magic Bus. His prices are good and he sounds like a great guy! We're going to shoot him an email tonight to see if he's available to take us from MoBay airport to Negril next week.

Please keep it coming! Enjoying your trip report so much!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Oh Awesome Clarity.....tell him you are friends of Shauna and Raul
    He will take real good care of you and just ask him if you need anything, he will recommend just the right person for whatever you need while in Negril! He is a great guy!

I am so glad you enjoyed the photos, I thought of you both while posting them, but they are nothing compared to what it will feel like when you get there. I think you will be really happy with all of the little treats that await you when you arrive at Catcha!

Booger, I am with you....I love many things and places in Negril and I am very loyal to a lot of those places, but I can never say enough about Catcha....it is truly heaven on earth to me! And nothing comes close to comparing IMO

User Info Menu

Cool MONKEYS and Lagoons and rafts OH MY

Its good to know that they call it Monkey Island cuz some Moroccan (i think) Princes had a monkey but the local were afraid of it so she put it on the island. Poor money doesn't she know thats how you start Planet of the Apes. The blue lagoon was gorgeous and so is my wife. We had A long day this trip and it was so cool. Seeing the villas was so cool. The tour guide told us that its one of the only place in JA that had homes right on the water. Due to the way the land is it doesn't get much rough than we had it.

Day 2 was so nice and sooooo cold but at the end I was ready to snuggle up to my wife and sleep.
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

Good read, takin notes on mystic mtn and PA.. never been to Catcha in my 6 trips to negril, but will next time for sure

User Info Menu

Marley I'm happy you enjoyed my report and you're right that first time is something definitely special and I was wondering once I was done how I would be able to invoke enough emotion into my second report as my first but after reading yours I know that this wont be an issue.

I gave her a hug clear over the desk and she smiled so big and said Welcome home! I swear I think I might have shed a tear but I couldnt even tell because I was in a wave of every kind of emotion
    You actually made my tears well up with this. I've missed Jamaica since I've been back I've missed everything about it, it has made me anxious to return but never once have I cried. You just gave me an insight to the overwhelming emotions that I know I'm going to feel when I land back on the island. THANK YOU!

Also, I want to thank you for sharing the story about your wedding last year again as I did not know the details but that "something" had happened now I realize how important this trip was for you and Raul. I'm so happy that you could have your re do.

User Info Menu

My need to see her smile

I knew with this trip to Negril and especially to Catcha there was definite need to see my wife smile. I need to make sure what I ever I planned she had a good time and knew how much I loved her. When we got to Negril it really did feel like coming home. Nothing against Ochi but it wasnt the same even thought my mind and body knew we were in Jamaica. SO YAY NEGRIL and the fun we had doing alot of nothing.

ras
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

Nice reports

Several years ago I visited Luminous Lagoon with every intention of going in the water...... As we left the dock the trail left by the motor was a prelude to what was to come.... about 150 yards from the dock we pass something floating on the surface. Captain Rasta says Bambo log, I'm thinking (since when do bamboo logs have four legs, a long tail and snot and covered in scales????? Decided not to go in the water and play with the bamboo logs!! LOL

More please,

VVHT