Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eats and Drinks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Eats and Drinks

Love places like Mi Yard, Ras Rodys, De Bar, Sips and Bites, and similar priced restaurants/bar with similar vibe. What are some recommended places that are also cheap eats and drinks. I am staying up in the West end in the Village by Ras Rodys and Seastar. Any tips or ideas of cost friendly activities. I don't mind spending money but typically don't enjoy the fancy expensive places. Other places we liked have been 3 dives, canoe, quality's, Pattie stands in downtown and in Divers Village. Much respect in advance.
    Hope To See You Pon da Rock!!

User Info Menu

Re: Eats and Drinks

Jus' Natural is just down the road from Out of Town bakery, both places worth checking out and a few minutes walk past the lighthouse.
    Regards.
    Bob

User Info Menu

Kool Vybes has the best jerk chicken I've had. Should be pretty close to where you are, it's just across from Tensing Pen.

You also have Niah's Patties two doors down from Quality's place.

And can't miss out on Connie's CountryWestern pub, best fried chicken, nice cold beers and special and non-special muffins and cookies.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Kool Vybes has the best jerk chicken I've had. Should be pretty close to where you are, it's just across from Tensing Pen.

You also have Niah's Patties two doors down from Quality's place.

And can't miss out on Connie's CountryWestern pub, best fried chicken, nice cold beers and special and non-special muffins and cookies.

~Moose
    Moose I must have caught Kool Vybes on a bad day then. We sent out for 3 meals , was my first time having their food. It was nothing short of horrific.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Misti1 View Post
    Moose I must have caught Kool Vybes on a bad day then. We sent out for 3 meals , was my first time having their food. It was nothing short of horrific.
    Yeah, When I first went there, I met a couple that was staying at Tensing Pen and they told me it was their sixth time eating there in ten days. I went twice in one week, had the chicken the first time, went back with two others the second time; they got the chicken and said it was great, I tried the pork, it was good, but I like Red Dragon's better.

And they come from a long line of Jerk restauranteurs, 3 Dives and De Bar, this is a cousin, iirc?

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

And they come from a long line of Jerk restauranteurs, 3 Dives and De Bar, this is a cousin, iirc?
    Miquel is Trevor's son. Trevor is the long-time cook at De Bar and he even ran the the place while Eddie was state-side. They are all related to the owners of 3 Dives.

User Info Menu

~Moose
    Miguel is the owner of Kool Vybes and is the son of Trevor.
    Trevor has worked at all three of the family restaurants and also had his own restaurant for awhile a few years back.
    Miguel originally worked for his Uncle Lloydie from 3 Dives, worked at all the other family restaurants and ran De Bar when Eddie went foreign.
    I'm always blown away at how hard this young man works and how determined he's been to do things right...but I think everyone already knows how I feel about this 'kid'.

User Info Menu

Corner Bar

User Info Menu

Swordfish...near Miyard
    Chicken Lavish...also near Miyard
    Mango Tree Bar & Restaurant...near Ricks
    Sharks...near where you're staying

User Info Menu

Based on your tastes, I would agree that you should check out Sharks and Mango Tree. Also, visit Ally's Little Sunset Hut, across from Negril Escape.