Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

Day 6
    We woke up early to enjoy the last few hours of the water and sun. Mr. T joined us and we headed down the beach in search of a spot for breakfast. We decided on Charlea Inn. I've wanted to have dinner here many times and never did so I am glad we at least tried their breakfast. DH & Mr. T had the Jamaican breakfast and I had an omelette. I never cared for the JA breakfast the times I tried it, but Charlea Inn nailed it and I soon regretted not ordering the same. It was AMAZING!
    Name:  IMG_1187.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  98.4 KBName:  IMG_1189.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  87.6 KBName:  IMG_1190.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  84.4 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 06-04-2017 at 04:12 PM.

User Info Menu

After breakfast, I walked around the garden at Charlea Inn a bit. They have beautiful grounds and a small pool on the property. After walking around the property, I would totally consider this as an option for a spot to stay on a future trip.

Name:  IMG_1158.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  95.8 KBName:  IMG_1159.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  93.7 KBName:  IMG_1175.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  87.5 KBName:  IMG_1191.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  98.4 KB

User Info Menu

We headed back to our room and cleaned out the refrigerator and cabinets and gave it to Mr. T. I took one final picture of our home that week.
    Name:  IMG_1149.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  99.1 KB

User Info Menu

Our driver from Luxurious arrived right on time. I become a big cry baby each time I have to say bye to Mr. T.
    Name:  IMG_1570.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  96.6 KB

User Info Menu

The ride to Mobay seemed SO long. Time always goes by quicker on arrival to Negril. We hit a major traffic jam in Mobay due to a car accident. I was glad we had and extra hour or so built in to our schedule or I would have been totally stressing. When we got to the airport, it was jam packed. I was happy we were flying out on SW because some of the other airlines had lines 10x as long.

User Info Menu

We did our usual gig at the airport....Went to Margaritaville and ordered lunch and a round of drinks. The bartender totally remembered us from 2 years ago- not sure if it's a good or bad thing that we are that memorable? While waiting on our food, I hightailed it to the shops to pick up a few spices and coffee. In route, I saw a bunch of guys watching Donald Trump give a speech on TV. I felt really fortunate I didn't have to see or hear any news or politics my entire trip and was able to disconnect from social media.
    I ran back and enjoyed a nice lunch of coconut shrimp and red stripe light along with a red bull. It was huge portion and pretty good. I love the location of Margaritaville as it is right at the SW departure gates. Name:  IMG_1607.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  85.0 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    We were both starving and exhausted. We walked next door to White Sands hoping for some dinner but their kitchen was closed.
    White Sands restaurant closes around 3PM. They do not serve dinner.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Our flight ended up departing about an hour late- not sure why as the plane was there well in advance. It was another full flight without an empty seat; flying to Houston and then to Nashville. Immigration in Houston took about an hour. I always have bad luck getting through customs. On a prior trip, the K9 dog decided to sit right next to my bags at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and we were pulled aside for a bag search; This time in Houston, they made me break the seal on every spice bottle I had in my carry on and put samples on drug testing strips. So much for being able to keep my spice fresher longer.
    Last edited by never2many; 06-04-2017 at 09:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Half Moon is about 15 minutes to the North of Negril near Green Island. Great beach there!

Would you stay in Nirvana again? Seems like a nice property there.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Half Moon is about 15 minutes to the North of Negril near Green Island. Great beach there!

Would you stay in Nirvana again? Seems like a nice property there.

~Moose
    I would absolutely stay at Nirvana again! I don't know that my Negril budget can afford it each trip. I really think it's one of the best spots on the beach.