Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

Mr. T arrived and we decided to head to the West End. That was a nice thought but didn't work out to well. There was some sort of police inspection set up and no drivers wanted to go that way. We finally found a driver and he ended up sketching up some road when he got wind of the police so we got out of the car on some side road and he told us we didn't have to pay. We walked down the road and around the police set up thing and then caught a ride to Xtabi. Always wanted to check it out.
    Name:  IMG_1064.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  94.1 KBName:  IMG_1066.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  93.7 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for your trip report, and your great pics, I know sometimes it is a labor of love, but so many people appreciate it. I LOVE your name , never to many , as many of my friends say jojo, haven't you had enough, and I say it is never to many , next year for sure !!!!

User Info Menu

The electricity went out while we were Xtabi. I was hot and hungry so we didn't hang out long. I had in my head a mission of going to 3 dives. Been dying to try their chicken.

I had just got some cash in town and overpaid the bartender big time in error. When we were leaving, the bartender came out and said " As a Jamaican, I certainly appreciate a nice tip but....!" I was grateful for his honesty and more than impressed. I would have rolled out of there and eventually wondered where all my money went.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Thanks so much for your trip report, and your great pics, I know sometimes it is a labor of love, but so many people appreciate it. I LOVE your name , never to many , as many of my friends say jojo, haven't you had enough, and I say it is never to many , next year for sure !!!!
    I love knowing that someone is interested enough to read it Jojo! Thank you!

User Info Menu

Please continue - where did you end up eating?

User Info Menu

We wondered down to 3 dives. I am starving at this point. 3 dives & arriving starving= not such a good combination. Beyond Island time slow. We ordered 3 plates of jerk chicken with the fixin's and some skewers and 3 or 4 rounds of beers, waiting for our food. I loved the atmosphere here and decided, based on the wait time, this is going to be the place I see the last Negril sunset this trip.
    Name:  IMG_1072.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  94.9 KBName:  IMG_1399.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  99.2 KB

User Info Menu

We waited and waited some more. They had really cold beers that were served out of a freezer chest.
    Name:  IMG_1085.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  96.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1081.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  97.6 KBName:  IMG_1087.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  97.8 KBName:  IMG_1071.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  90.7 KB

User Info Menu

Waiting patiently for more,if we can't be in Negril we want to at least think we are!!Thanks for sharing all the great photo's and your fine trip report!

User Info Menu

We finally saw, what we thought was our food come up to the window. And then this happened. A taxi driver had brought a group of 4 or 5 people (about 1/2 hour after we arrived). He snatched up the food and delivered it to the group and they too, who were waiting for almost 2 hours by this point, were starving and started inhaling it. The girl working at 3 Dives came out and started hollering at the driver- he indeed had delivered our food to them. It was a pretty entertaining moment.

Time to order another round.

User Info Menu

Great trip report and great pics.....I have been reading fro the beginning.....
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet