Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travel insurance

User Info Menu

Re: Travel insurance

Jdub I admire your thinking. We cannot live in fear of what "might happen". I made the mistake of driving a family member who was suffering from a life threatening event to the hospital and had a hard time getting any help other than being told to sit and wait. Now I know better. If you feel it is life threatening ALWAYS call for an ambulance!

User Info Menu

Re: Travel insurance

Of course not all but many, if not most people look at price without considering much else. Advice from an insurance broker? READ the policy and pay special attention to exclusions, limitations and restrictions in coverage. Understand what your obligations are in the event of loss etc.. For example, what if your injured during a sporting event such as scuba diving, cliff jumping, parasailing or snorkelling. Does the policy exclude? Some do. What if there's drugs or alcohol involved? Again, some will exclude coverage. Always buy insurance with the view that a disaster WILL happen.

If that's "over your head" or just too much bother, use an independent insurance broker and rely on their advice.