Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just returned, Negril looking good!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Just returned, Negril looking good!

We just returned from an 8 nighter, 5 nights at Coral Seas Garden and the final 3 at Samsara. This is somewhere between 12 and 15 Jamaica trips for us, 8 or 10 to Negril. We had a good trip, some highligts were dinner at Rockhouse, the new Winery "Wine with Me" at Beachcomber, breakfast at Travelers a few mornings, etc. etc. Had some typical JA annoyances at the hotels, always hate this as it is what turns first timers off. Shouldn't be an issue to have a working A/C at check in and a flushing toilet, but that is part of the budget accomodations. We caught up with some old friends and met some new ones. We did the "One Love Pub Crawl" and the vibe has changed since we first did it almost 6 years ago, but it was still a nice time.

The boss lady said back on all-inclusive next year, so a 5 year run has ended. She wants to do Sunset at the Palms next year in July and bring some friends along. I'm sure we will bounch off property a time or two though.

The best thing we saw was lots of new construction going on! We checked out the winery "Wine with Me", its at the Beachcomber and it is really well done and has great wines and a super cool vibe. We wanted to stop by again, but just couldn't squeeze it in!

One Love.

User Info Menu

Re: Just returned, Negril looking good!

Hey RonMon,
    Sorry to hear about the annoyances.
    As you know, I recommended Coral Seas Garden to folks.
    Hope they quickly hard to fix things for you.

Take care,
    Later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    Hey RonMon,

Take care,
    Later.
    Marko, I think they have a good thing there, just need some fine tuning. I would stay there again, I think the location is primo and out bed was ultra comfortable. The boss lady was a bit upset that we had to move twice due to A/C not working in first room and toiltet not flushing in second room. Actually she was more annoyed that the girl at the front desk basically didn't care. Carl is the go to guy on the property, once he found out it was quickly resolved. He even said they were at 20% occupancy so no reason to have someone in a room where things don't work.

I am with you Marko, I have it on my recommend list and I would go again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    Hey RonMon,

Take care,
    Later.
    Marko. I stayed one night at the Coral Seas Garden so I could catch the bus to the airport after 6 months on the island. I was disappointed in what I got for $80+ for a night. I got a room near the pool on the bottom level. A/C did not work properly, water pressure was poor and the furnishings were old and some broken in places.

You know I live in an area without pipe water and nothing approaching air conditioning so these two deficiencies were extremely annoying to me.

I like saving money but, in my opinion, this experience was a waste of it.

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Where is "shanty town"?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Where is "shanty town"?

Cap
    I assume you are joking with me? I remember the last hornets nest over that question! I was careful to note that it was Lenberts description of the location and not my own.

One Love!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    I assume you are joking with me? I remember the last hornets nest over that question! I was careful to note that it was Lenberts description of the location and not my own.

One Love!
    Not joking. Just curious. No negativity intended.

I really don't know a lot about Negril now a days.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Not joking. Just curious. No negativity intended.

Cap
    There was a big argument on here a while ago about the exact location of Shanytown, so I thought you were making a joke. ILets just off the side road up on the Cliffs, turned in by Sharkys and headed back that way.

User Info Menu

Cap D. I believe it is the road parallel to Sea Star Lane. I used to call that area the DIVERS Village (Jame, thank you for the correction, sucks getting old))
    . Across from Seastar Inn was a path to Divers Village (see photo):

Name:  Delroy 2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  101.6 KB
    Last edited by VVHT; 07-12-2017 at 09:26 PM.

User Info Menu

Sounds like you had a nice trip! We are looking forward to visiting Negril again very soon!