Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Money Cologne at Arthur's Bar

User Info Menu

Re: Money Cologne at Arthur's Bar

Until Money's response I would've avoided the place. Now it's on my list of places to check out next reach

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Money Colonge View Post
    Greg and Kelly,

There was no "rookie mistake" or any other mistake on your part. Any mistakes and misunderstanding was my fault. I am not going to try and make excuses for what transpired, but I will learn from it.

I don't want you to have any feelings of anger and dissatisfaction anymore, so i would like to make up for the negative feelings that you have.

If you would be inclined to allow me to make it up to you, I am offering you a complimentary dinner for two.

You both can order any meal from my menu. If you are still in town, you can use it now. If you have already left, the offer will be available for whenever you return.

To make sure that you are able to receive this on a future visit, I have given Rob a keyword so that no one else can claim that they are you. Rob said he would email you the keyword if you decide to give us another chance.

I hope that you take me up on the chance to make it up to you, but if not, I understand.

Money Cologne
    No thank you. We will not be returning.

Good luck to you in the future
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I find it interesting that "Money Cologne" has a total of 1 post on this message board. Also, the response was too thought out and well stated to actually be Money Cologne. I call B.S. on his reply to me. It was orchestrated by someone else and it seems obvious who would do it and why.

I posted the exact same thing on two Facebook pages and people came out of the woodwork to tell stories about his nefarious dealings.

When we first met Money Cologne last week I jokingly told him he was famous because we saw him on Facebook. He told us he didn't have Facebook and didn't really know how to use a computer. Sooo.......he suddenly became computer savvy enough for his first official reply on this board to be in response to my post. Right. I still call B.S.

For those of you that still want to try his restaurant go ahead and give him a chance. But if you deal with him enough you'll eventually learn. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Hmmm... interesting.

User Info Menu

Greg & Kelly
    good answer to say NO to the FREE dinner , stick to your guns, hopefully the boardies will stand by you. and not go there . I know I will not go there. To many other good choices..

User Info Menu

Come on guys. Cut the man a break!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    I find it interesting that "Money Cologne" has a total of 1 post on this message board. Also, the response was too thought out and well stated to actually be Money Cologne. I call B.S. on his reply to me. It was orchestrated by someone else and it seems obvious who would do it and why.

I posted the exact same thing on two Facebook pages and people came out of the woodwork to tell stories about his nefarious dealings.

When we first met Money Cologne last week I jokingly told him he was famous because we saw him on Facebook. He told us he didn't have Facebook and didn't really know how to use a computer. Sooo.......he suddenly became computer savvy enough for his first official reply on this board to be in response to my post. Right. I still call B.S.

For those of you that still want to try his restaurant go ahead and give him a chance. But if you deal with him enough you'll eventually learn. Good luck.
    The post was written by his daughter. She helps him with a lot of things, including the Internet. Money is definitely not computer savvy.

She saw your post on Negril.com and showed it to her Dad. She contacted me and asked how they could address it. I told her she had to register first which she did. Thus it is their first post.

Money told me about the key word and said I should email it to you if asked. I agreed.

What she posted for her Dad is not BS, but what they wanted to let you know. He made a mistake on his first try at running a restaurant and wanted to admit that.

I have known him since before he started his concert promotion business and told him that running a restaurant will be totally different. He is quickly learning that lesson.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I think in the end Greg’s foray with this into social media has been very successful. To be able to elicit a response from the parties of the owner so promptly certainly show the age we are in..in this day of cell cameras and social media, I think Money Cologne and other business owners will realize ‘daddy’s always watching.’ Although what happened to Greg and Kelly was unfortunate, I think some lessons will be learned here if they haven’t already. From the response of Money, it looks like he perhaps learned a lesson

User Info Menu

Beware, there are boardies everywhere....lol !!!

User Info Menu

Anyone have other experiences to share? I liked this response and might give it a careful look in February just because I’ll be in the area.