Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefly (more good fortune?)

User Info Menu

Firefly (more good fortune?)

We just changed our reservations to the Pelican Suite at Firefly for a week in Feb. I wasn't expecting to stay there, but we have admired the propertry before. I saw a post about them on another board earlier and just decided to check out their rates.

Somehow they were listing a suite that sleeps up to 6 (we are 4) for $100 a night. It looks beautiful and very comfortable.

Any insights on Firefly or the Pelican Suite? Seems too good to be true, but the confirmation came through via email.

ST

User Info Menu

Re: Firefly (more good fortune?)

I have not stayed there, but I have good friends that have stayed there . last time, they invited me to their room. They had the one right in front, with a nice balcony. I like that it's kindof set off the beach a bit, with a little privacy, and a nice view. A nice little bar as well. Actually the boardie bash was there just like 4 years ago. Right next to Sunbeach as well, I think you enjoy it. Rooms were nice , with large kitchen, and I remember the bed had really nice white netting. !

User Info Menu

Andddd,.... It was too good to be true. Despite my receiving a CONFIRMATION EMAIL from their website that the reservation had been secured, I received a later email saying it was a mistake for the rates to be advertised at that level. They told me they can give me a room for 2x the quoted rate (they took a deposit!).

I'm going back and forth with them now, but thought the group would want to know. They are blaming the website.

I'd be better willing to let it go if I hadn't already cancelled my reservation at Kuyaba (which I've had since May). Grrrr

Administrator

User Info Menu

Solo,

The $100 a night threw me a bit, but I just spoke with Andrea. She is not in the office yet but told me that their website is being corrected right now AND that they will honor the rate you had confirmed.

Andrea said she will be contacting you as soon as she gets there.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

It's listed on Airbnb for 135.

User Info Menu

great job Rob
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob! The office person, Zoy, was very sweet and apologetic throughout. They did the right thing in the end. This will be my 7th trip to Negril so I am well aware of how things can be, but having cancelled my Kuyaba plans I was at a loss. Thank you for your help and thank you Firefly!

94 sleeps

User Info Menu

So this continues to be a bit of a SNAFU. I still have not received the refund of my deposit from KUYABA. The reservation was cancelled, but the refund has not been processed. The deposit is fully refundable outside of 30 days prior to arrival and I first contacted them in Nov about it.

I'm getting worried. The latest is a few weeks ago they said they could not issue a refund because my CC# had changed (I received a new card/number in December). I then gave them the new # and info, but then they went silent. I just called for the 4th time and was told it was "still being processed."

Very frustrating! I LOVE Kuyaba but this is starting to leave a bad taste.

User Info Menu

Sounds like someone is going to have to tip well!! awesome to have Rob on the ground there looking out for your best interest and Firefly's.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    Thanks Rob! The office person, Zoy, was very sweet and apologetic throughout. They did the right thing in the end. This will be my 7th trip to Negril so I am well aware of how things can be, but having cancelled my Kuyaba plans I was at a loss. Thank you for your help and thank you Firefly!

94 sleeps
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I wouldn't worry too much about Kuyaba, I think they will return your money. Stayed at Toby's in MoBay a few years back on our first night before a two week stay in Negril and my room charge didn't show up on my bill for a week after I was back stateside. They are a relaxed bunch there.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]