Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Sit and Wait in a big bus for hours at the Airport?

User Info Menu

Re: Why Sit and Wait in a big bus for hours at the Airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    And not having to stop at "20" hotels along the way to drop folks off. That takes up a lot of time too. You guys rock! See you in February.
    Agreed. I will and have paid the 110.00 roundtrip because they are at the airport when I get my luggage and will stop along the way if I need to without an extra charge. I also get to Negril early.

User Info Menu

You're not alone ukran1ans. I'm sure he is very good, but I don't hire a driver until I have 4 to 6 people. Ends up about $45 a person return. I can live with that, but $140 to $160 return would give me heart burn for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Why? Because for a single traveler you're more than twice the cost! I can do round trip for $45 on a bus, so I wish you had a separate, cheaper price category for single passengers (like $70 or $80 round-trip) instead of having them in the 1-3 passenger category for $110 (for 2 or 3 passengers the cost is almost the same as the Bus, so your service makes alot of sense for them!).

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I think you all are still paying too much I use Clive"s Transport for years..his rate from the West End (Coral Seas Cliffs) to Sangster is $35.00 US for a single passenger (ask for shared & you may not even get another passenger) may or may...was $30.00 til last Feb. 1st... (mobile) 1 876-956-2615..(office) 1-876-956-2615
    http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/

User Info Menu

I have to add... I'd love to give my business to a "private" driver, but for a single, it's just not worth it.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    I think you all are still paying too much I use Clive"s Transport for years..his rate from the West End (Coral Seas Cliffs) to Sangster is $35.00 US for a single passenger (ask for shared & you may not even get another passenger) may or may...was $30.00 til last Feb. 1st... (mobile) 1 876-956-2615..(office) 1-876-956-2615
    http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/
    for what it's worth, I can't find the rates you are posting.. it's 100 round trip for a single...
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

I know this sounds weird and you may not want to do it, but once you're on the plane just start asking who's going to Negril in a group and offer to pay your part if they have room.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I think developing a relationship with a driver is worth every cent. I have had the same driver / friend for years ( he is used often by many boardies throughout the boardie bash. I know I can
    depend on him to show up, and show up on time, everytime. He also gives me a ja phone to use while I am there, free of charge. He also has no problem if I want to stop for a drink ( S).... stop and shop at mega mart for supplies, etc. He becomes my '' beckon call guy'' that will be there if I need a ride somewhere, and do not want to deal with a route taxi. He stops by at my hotel just to check if everything is alright or if I need anything.....to me anyway, definitely worth the money !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I think developing a relationship with a driver is worth every cent. I have had the same driver / friend for years ( he is used often by many boardies throughout the boardie bash. I know I can
    depend on him to show up, and show up on time, everytime. He also gives me a ja phone to use while I am there, free of charge. He also has no problem if I want to stop for a drink ( S).... stop and shop at mega mart for supplies, etc. He becomes my '' beckon call guy'' that will be there if I need a ride somewhere, and do not want to deal with a route taxi. He stops by at my hotel just to check if everything is alright or if I need anything.....to me anyway, definitely worth the money !!!

That is what personal service is!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    I think you all are still paying too much I use Clive"s Transport for years..his rate from the West End (Coral Seas Cliffs) to Sangster is $35.00 US for a single passenger (ask for shared & you may not even get another passenger) may or may...was $30.00 til last Feb. 1st...[/url]
    Clives is $50us pp for one way shared airport transportation to Negril.
    Rooster, I can't even imagine any driver running their vehicles/business at the price you suggested without getting at least a couple of paying people for the ride to Negril...it's a waste of time/money for the driver.
    If you don't want to pay for a private/charter driver there's a few options as a single...JUTA bus, Knutsford bus...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Yep. Your driver will set the vibe right from the start. Why split hairs for safe transportation as well as good company for the 1 1/2-3 hour drive, dependent on how many stops you make. It really is stress free and worth much more than we pay. Try finding something similar back home where you come from.
    Last edited by booger; 12-22-2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Spelling