Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet rescues - help with an animal in Negril??

User Info Menu

Pet rescues - help with an animal in Negril??

Are there any rescues in Negril? There's a little female dog on the beach that looks to have some type of injury or infection. Flies are all over her under side, and I'm actually hoping some maggots may help eat away what is wrong with her. May sound gross, but they would be a natural healer for her. She's a bit skiddish, I feel just awful! Any on call vet techs or vets that visit the area? So hard to see....

User Info Menu

Re: Pet rescues - help with an animal in Negril??

Where on the beach? Animal House Jamaica and Montrgo Bay Animal Haven have been known to help. Someone would need to contact them. They both have a Facebook page.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Barb111;196967]Where on the beach? Animal House Jamaica and Montrgo Bay Animal Haven have been known to help. Someone would need to contact them. T

Thank you! I contacted 2 sites via Facebook early this morning. Being a animal lover from the US makes it difficult to see these animals.

User Info Menu

I hear your heart, Cnbstod...we're dealing with a stray pup that showed up on our doorstep yesterday morning, thankfully.
    If you can contain the dog...that would help immensely. There are vets to contact here, which of course, will incur a cost. Hopefully, one of the rescue organizations that you've contacted can help.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    I hear your heart, Cnbstod...we're dealing with a stray pup that showed up on our doorstep yesterday morning, thankfully.
    If you can contain the dog...that would help immensely. There are vets to contact here, which of course, will incur a cost. Hopefully, one of the rescue organizations that you've contacted can help.

If it was up to me I would have her in my room, but unfortunately the hotel does not allow animals on the property.

Still waiting to hear from the rescues...

User Info Menu

I have a few people reaching out to me to help. Where is the dog located? And which rescues did you post to?

User Info Menu

I have someone who can come and get the dog and bring it to a rescue or a vet.

User Info Menu

There is a critter in Jamaica called screw worm, if that's what is in her, it needs treatment. http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/..._screwworm.htm

User Info Menu

Maureen at animal house Jamaica has her message. I have been talking to her and trying to help

User Info Menu

JSPCA and the Animal House.

I just ran over to the area I saw her at yesterday and she isn't there.

Just past Beach House Villas, north of. There is also some shacks around there and an open field, hoping she's over there somewhere...

Thank you so much!!

If I see anyone looking I'll watch for her and them.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!