Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best place to exchange money on the beach?

User Info Menu

Re: Best place to exchange money on the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier View Post
    I'm a scotiabank customer in Canada with a "Scotia One" account. I used scotiabank ATMs exclusively during our trip in march. I just checked my statement and can confirm I was not charged any surcharges.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,8093,00.html

Hope that helps
    BS
    been using Scotia Bank card for 5 years never been charged a fee.

Finally figured out a way to get more than $30000 Ja out at one time. My wife got her own card and we split the money into two accounts now when we go to the ATM I take out $30000 on each card.

The CHICKSTER

tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/7;10731;405/st/20140421/e/Negril/k/19ca/event.png[/img]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I wish that was still the case. I only made one transaction on my BofA card last trip, as I was hit with a $6.94 charge using a Scotia ATM. I believe this changed over a year ago.
    Good to know Booger.... I don't think I used an ATM in August, so didn't have an issue. Used it the previous May without fees. I will have to do a "test-run" in April to see if there is a fee.

User Info Menu

Received my bank statement and can verify that I was not charged any fees for my ATM withdrawals at times square and Scotia Bank downtown.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Some bank machines give $5000 bills so its possible to withdraw more than $30,000 at a time(if your bank allows this)

Administrator

User Info Menu

NCB ATM's have a j$30,000 limit...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

You can get 30K several times until you reach your card's daily withdrawal limit.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    You can get 30K several times until you reach your card's daily withdrawal limit.

Cap
    I have tried that with my Scotia debit card and been denied and my limit is unlimited. My wife's Scotia card debit/visa can withdraw 30000 at a time but we can get multiple withdrawals. It must have something to do with the /visa addition to her card.

The CHICKSTER

tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/7;10731;405/st/20140421/e/Negril/k/19ca/event.png[/img]