Maralunatic, that guest house looks lovely; however St. Margaret’s Bay is further from Port Antonio than Long Bay. Although the road is smoother from that direction, it’s about 35 minutes outside of town. I found it to be very remote, and although exotic to look at, the black sand didn’t move me to wade in the water. Getting a taxi would be more challenging as well. Honestly between the two, I think you would be happier in Long Bay.

Search-me-Heart is a good option, about 12 minutes from town. And YES, a visit ($10 entrance) to Frenchman’s Cove is a must. The food is great, reasonable and plentiful. You two can easily share one meal. The staff is excellent. Ok, I was there in August, I can’t see it changing that much since then so I feel safe to say the place is more amazing.

Oh and if you are into paddling a canoe, rent one ($10.00) at the Blue Lagoon and drift over to the small secluded cove.

When you go to the Boston Jerk Center, do go before 2:00. The earlier the better the food. But for great jerk chicken any time of the day, go to Piggy's down town. My mouth is watering just thinking about that moist, full of flavor chicken.