Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moms and Dads traveling with toddler 1 week vac, Negril or Montego Bay?

User Info Menu

Re: Moms and Dads traveling with toddler 1 week vac, Negril or Montego Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    When I hear people say they went to Jamaica I ask where in Jamaica..when they tell me Montego Bay I tell them you really didn't experience the real Jamaica opposed to Negril...not even close...this coming January will be my 25th year visiting Negril & always can't get out of MoBay fast enough after clearing immigration...in fact I take a little Cessna to get to Negril faster..12 mins. MoBay to Negril to be exact..there are plenty of AI's in Negril to go around as you here from others on e this board & CoCo La Palm is certainly a good choice.
    With all due respect what makes Negril the "real" Jamaica?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1 View Post
    I went with my 1 year old girl to coco la palm and stayed right on the beach in the beachfront room. We used the pool and the beach. Pool is right next to the room and beach is steps away. You can't beat the gentle slope of the beach in Negril for lil babies,although water will be a little rougher in the winter months.get one of those nice floaters for the baby and that will be perfect.
    Mobay? noway. An AI in mobay is not Jamaica.

There are always anklebiters at Coco. Super friendly, quite, atmosphere and the guards are very vigilant. I've seen them keeping a watchful eye on the children.

User Info Menu

Children are treated like GOLD ..in JA. - the beach vendors will always be on the look out for any dangers -
    the cliffs do provide some problems - We solved this by using a child carrier backpack
    now, the cows milk will & or can cause some minor problems with little ones - no need to explain further - I think you get the drift
    Enjoy !!!

User Info Menu

Lol no drift smoke what’s vrbo? I was looking also at 2 room bnb’s condo’s near the restaurant Canoe, I know of a cool little beach amazing snorkeling there. We just have to walk more.

User Info Menu

I really think staying in a nice boutique resort on the beach with great security is your best bet all the way around, especially with a youngster.

User Info Menu

VRBO (vacation rental by owner) is a worldwide owner based rental site. It's how I found my first place in Negril in the condo's above the HiLo. Used it to go to Florida, and have looked at condos all over the world that look very enticing. There are listings in Jamaica too.

Quote Originally Posted by baracus View Post
    Lol no drift smoke what’s vrbo? I was looking also at 2 room bnb’s condo’s near the restaurant Canoe, I know of a cool little beach amazing snorkeling there. We just have to walk more.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Negril “HiLo” isn’t that the grocery store near the round about? Il check that out... I was going to use air bnb to rent a appointment. The one thing that’s concerning me is dogs barking. I don’t think they have as many bay the beach.

User Info Menu

I think Negril would allow you to move around the beach a bit and participate in some of the daily music jams, etc., while also keeping your child happy. I love that at some places, the staff or owners children are around and your kid can make a local playmate while you enjoy your stay. I know 1 1/2 is young, but that connection could last from year to year. The food choices are plentiful and you'll find something for every member of the family. With a little one, I'd recommend a private transfer over a taxi. I think Negril is a better choice than MoBay every day... so I'm biased!

ETA... not sure of your budget, but I'm thinking about your "sleeping by the crib at 7pm" thing.... Rondel Village has some villas (one, two and three room) available which would give you a little more space to enjoy your evenings but let the baby rest comfortably too... maybe
    Last edited by LivinInThe603; 12-20-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Thanks jojo right on. I have decided to do that but I'll try to find a decent condo/apartment closer to town, and walk a bit more
    "How we do this moment is probably how we will be doing the next" RR

User Info Menu

That true thanks didn't think about the year to year connection thing. we might as well start it in sweet Negril
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    I think Negril would allow you to move around the beach a bit and participate in some of the daily music jams, etc., while also keeping your child happy. I love that at some places, the staff or owners children are around and your kid can make a local playmate while you enjoy your stay. I know 1 1/2 is young, but that connection could last from year to year. The food choices are plentiful and you'll find something for every member of the family. With a little one, I'd recommend a private transfer over a taxi. I think Negril is a better choice than MoBay every day... so I'm biased!

ETA... not sure of your budget, but I'm thinking about your "sleeping by the crib at 7pm" thing.... Rondel Village has some villas (one, two and three room) available which would give you a little more space to enjoy your evenings but let the baby rest comfortably too... maybe
    "How we do this moment is probably how we will be doing the next" RR