Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Busy Season?

User Info Menu

Busy Season?

Happy Holidays, Boardies!!!

I have what might sound like a dumb question....... Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were forced to miss out on our usual Thanksgiving trip this year.

Yes......that sucked!!!

However, there is a bright side. We decided to give each other a well deserved Christmas present anyway and purchased 2 tickets to our favorite destination. We will be arriving in a couple of weeks, and with the weather we are having here at the moment, it cant "soon come" enough.

We are normally off season travelers and haven't been down during busy season for many years now. The last time was about 15 years ago or so for a friends wedding. (at an AI resort)

My question is......

Other than dealing with more people around, what are some of the biggest differences we can expect to see during the busy season these days?

Are there any "must try" attractions, bars, or restaurants that are only open during high season that we might not know about?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Re: Busy Season?

Can't think of any right now,
    my mind is frozen like everything else.

Have fun!

User Info Menu

Check out Drifter's list of entertainment....looks like some good groups during busy season. Have fun! We can't come back until spring when we thaw out (with Marko in Chicago--haha).

User Info Menu

Hey Big Shiny - we're in the same boat. Typically off season travelers, but this year we're heading down for the busy season.

One "must try" in my book is the afternoon live music at Boat Bar. According to the Events Calendar, you can catch it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

User Info Menu

Hey you two !!!! Happy new Year ! If by chance you are there Jan 15th, you have to get tickets for Ritchie Spice, preforming at Drifter's. I saw him 2 Februarys ago at Bourbon , and he is awesome !!!
    Have a great time.....................and sorry about your Packers !!!

User Info Menu

Doesn't seem the "busy" season is what it used to be after 25 years coming this Jan-March & I'm good with that!! Definitely see a bit more each people come the 1st week of Feb...then really falls off quick come the first week of March...I do my days at the beach & then head back to the calm of the cliffs where I stay....chill'in with friends & beverages to wait for the sunset to end another beautiful day. With all the hurricanes to the north Caribbean Islands it has been said that Jamaica is one of the Islands that might get an uptick in visitors this season...will see.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone!

We will definitely be checking out Richie Spice at Drifters and maybe Capleton at Roots. We just miss Luciano too? Man, there are a lot of great acts playing around this time of year!

Wanna definitely check out Boat Bar as well. We have heard great things, but it is sometimes hit and miss in the off season.

Anything else?
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax