Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Mayfield Falls Tip Question

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls Tip Question

Our family is visiting us this year and we are taking them to Mayfield Falls tomorrow (recommendation of the good people here!) and I am wondering what the average/appropriate tip should be for our guide? We generally fall into the "generous tippers" group and will adjust for extraordinary service! We are a group of seven including 2 kids.

User Info Menu

Re: Mayfield Falls Tip Question

Tip what your heart tells you to.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We had a group of 7 a couple years ago and I gave our guide $35 US. I figured $5 per person. Not sure if this is, or what is, typical??????
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

At Mayfield Falls your guide will usually inform about all the plants etc., take pictures with your cameras for you etc. Tip based on how much you appreciated what your guide provided. (Pretty basic advice I know)

User Info Menu

There is no typical. Some tip, some don't. After five years helping Linston manage the Taxi there ain't no way to tell who or what the tip will be.

If you ask the driver he'll say the same thing. "Tip what you feel to"

My advice ..be generous......

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 01-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

please give a trip report. we had some friends return home recently and they did a day trip mayfield and blue hole.they really enjoyed . since this is my 43rd year i am ready to do something touristy on our feb trip
    thanks

User Info Menu

A couple of years ago we had a 8 that included a 3 year old and 7 year old so we had 2 guides that had to do some lifting with the kids etc. They are really great. We had Lester and Andy and we tipped 1500J each. Another trip with kids but 1 guide 1500. Last wee just 2 athletic guys 10 US Dennis. Go for it Spanky, It is def one of the coolest things I have done anywhere. Will take new visitors there every time. About 2 hours from Negril my driving time. 2-3 hours there so a good full day. 20 US to get in now, or at least last Sunday

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone - we were very generous to our wonderful guides I did post a little excursion report in a new thread - a few things that would be nice to know ahead of time