Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USA Travel Advisory Against (FALSE) Traveling to Jamaica

User Info Menu

Re: USA Travel Advisory Against (FALSE) Traveling to Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I felt that way two years ago as well after a couple of trips. However, my past two trips things have felt much more chill, especially on the West End. I saw daily roadblocks set up, however in there usual spots. Wish they would change it up a bit, so it's a little less predictable. The Po Po presence was fairly consistent and was nice to see.

As do I. Ping Pong likes to shout down on occasion and it is a turn off. However, I agree that as much time Marko spends on the rock, you think he would beotch a little less.

Not likely, but many places with much less crime. However crime is not too far off, just like in Jamaica. I love Tulum and Isla Mujeres, yet just down the road you will see the same travel advisories that Jamaica is receiving. With that said, I did meet a Dutch couple last week that was robbed on the beach during the day. Nice people and I felt bad for them as they were really enjoying their trip, and this put a bit of a damper on it. I feel fortunate in all of my trips, that outside of the occasional irritating higgler, nothing has really happened. I look forward to maintaining that streak.....

Last I looked I haven't seen Negril included in any travel advisory. Carry on as usual peeps.
    If I "turn you off" then I guess it is a mission accomplished. Your childish using of "Ping Pong" when you know the name is "Accompong" and of great historical significance in Jamaican history is as much of a turn off as being referred to as a "Booger" must be to you used in context. Stories of getting drunk and barhopping are not my thing either so we probably would never cross paths anyways.

I am entitled to my opinion and voice it as I see fit within the rules set by Rob and Negril.com .
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Can anyone name a vacation destination with NO crime, besides Fantasy Island?
    Fantasy Island was chock full of crime. For instance, Ricardo Montalban's acting - truly criminal.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Please try to add constructive comments so that our visitors, first timers and veterans alike can learn how to have the best vacation possible.

Let's stop the name calling and personal attacks. Especially since Ricardo Montalban is not here to defend himself.

Thank you for understanding.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Some fine examples of anti-social media here.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Well I am looking forward to my 38th trip shortly..and mi knees aren't shaking..

User Info Menu

Maybe SOME Americans (one in particular) think Jamaica is a "S" hole country and would never visit.

Let them think that if they want! We know better!!!

Last edited by halfwaytree; 01-12-2018 at 11:59 AM.

User Info Menu

I feel safer in negril than in the UK as a Londoner I know what I'm talking about .

I wont bore you with the details but since being here since Xmas I've never seen it more dangerous heck school kids throwing acid and robbing victims daily .

Not for me I'm flying back to Jamaica to get away from all this gangsta wannabe culture .

User Info Menu

Name:  laughing chimp.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  14.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Some fine examples of anti-social media here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Fantasy Island was chock full of crime. For instance, Ricardo Montalban's acting - truly criminal.
    Ha! Very true! Every year we swear we're going somewhere else, and check other destinations thoroughly. And every year we return to Negril year after year after year, and love every minute of it! I don't let one or two alarmist stop me from doing what I love.
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 01-12-2018 at 03:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Ha! Very true! Every year we swear we're going somewhere else, and check other destinations thoroughly. And every year we return to Negril year after year after year, and love every minute of it! I don't let one or two alarmist stop me from doing what I love.
    Yesssss Mon!