Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point Village

User Info Menu

Point Village

Has anyone stayed there recently and if so do you have a contact # for a place there?

User Info Menu

Re: Point Village

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicalance/jamaicamary View Post
    Has anyone stayed there recently and if so do you have a contact # for a place there?
    You have to rent individual units through AirBnb, VRBO, or other rental sites. We haven't stayed there in a while, but have checked out some of the units from time to time the past few years. Some are maintained better than others, since it's all individually owned now. Make sure you check out the pictures, and read reviews thoroughly.

User Info Menu

I have stayed at Ken Henry's many times. His prices are very reasonable, studio condo is well maintained, and he is a nice man. Tell him Rob & Eryn Carr from MN recommended you. His number is 876-957-9683. I have some pics around here somewhere if you want to see some.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks Irine

Pics would be great! Any idea of a ball park price?

User Info Menu

We paid 600 a week. They range up from there to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. For the two of us we had more than enough room in a studio. Fruit and veggie truck comes every sunday and thursday. Lots of hot water for showers, full size fridge, cold a/c, so private you could let your kids go outside without you, it's very secure. Rock pools are nice and if they are dirty ask ken to borrow a rag mop and you can clean them out in 10 minutes. Great place to be sitting when the ocean is rough. Fresh water pool is clean and refreshing and the grounds are nice to walk around and clean. Every night at sundown people come out to watch the sunset and you can meet lots of great people. The condos are nice enough that several of the hotels and ai's on the beach book overflow there.

If I had one con it's that there is no beach bar there. Sure you can mix your own drinks but i like the beach bars, and the people, and even the salesmen. If you budget taxi fare the beach is 3 minutes away. You can walk to the beach but you have to cross hedo which you're allowed to do if staying at the point, but take the advice of a stranger, don't walk across hedo. The point is the retirement complex of 7 mile, super quiet, super safe, but domino's are the only game in town. If you want to really really relax and read, or if you have kids, this is your spot.

Name:  022.JPG
Views: 1223
Size:  3.92 MBName:  023.JPG
Views: 1201
Size:  3.69 MBName:  024.JPG
Views: 1238
Size:  4.14 MBName:  030.JPG
Views: 1211
Size:  4.05 MBName:  032.JPG
Views: 1224
Size:  4.04 MBName:  012.JPG
Views: 1159
Size:  3.25 MBName:  30183627.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  56.4 KBName:  30183640.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  78.3 KBName:  3510601357_09e6403bd3_b.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  401.0 KBName:  beach-at-point-village.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  41.7 KB

User Info Menu

Couple more.

Name:  IMG_6218.JPG
Views: 1098
Size:  3.49 MBName:  Rock_Pool___Point_Village660x480.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  289.1 KBName:  SAM_1264.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  3.03 MB

User Info Menu

We haven't stayed there since construction started on the Royalton. I'm curious if you have stayed there prior to the Royalton, and how it compares now? That's the only thing that kept us from going back.

User Info Menu

We stayed there several times before the Royalton was built and also stayed there DURING construction on the Royalton, and Ken's room is on that side. It was pretty bad. Ken knocked off some money for the noise and the second week we moved to WS. I have friends that still stay there and they have told me because the back of the Royalton faces the village there is very little noise and it's still the quiet safe spot it has always been. The fish are still there for snorkeling which surprised me, but that's great. One of my favorite spots to snorkel. We still prefer the vibe on the beach and the close proximity to crazy good eats. One day when we can't take the beach anymore we'll be back at the point. Have even thought of buying a condo there. They have a strong condo group there and the price for a 1 bedroom or studio were pretty good last time I looked into it. My friends are there right now in Point Village until the 10th of Feb. I'll get an update from them and post it here in a week or so, maybe some pics too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicalance/jamaicamary View Post
    We own a suite there and are Negril bound two weeks today. The bulk of the Royalton project is finished and that was a tough two years with the dust and the noise. The Royalton has proven to be not a very nice neighbor but that is for another thread. They do have a project on the go that will destroy a pristine snorkeling cove, all for a small 50' beach for their 26 room Grand Lido portion of the resort, but don't get me started on that.

jamaicalance/jamaicamarry when are you looking to rent?? Negril is going to be very busy this season and no doubt the Point Village as well. I have many contact numbers but need to know what time period you are looking at.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    You can walk to the beach but you have to cross hedo which you're allowed to do if staying at the point, but take the advice of a stranger, don't walk across hedo.
    I've always wanted to walk the entire 4.4 miles of Long Bay from Point Village to the river. If you don't have kids with you and aren't afraid of naked people, what's so bad about walking through Hedo? I assume they make you walk near the water since it's private property beyond the mean high water line, so you can just look out toward sea as you walk. I guess an alternative is to walk about .75 miles on the road to the Boardwalk and start the beach walk from there.