Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

idle awhile imo your best bet. have stayed at the other places and all good but as long as u are ok with the cost and they have an opening they are tough to beat.

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifereisme View Post
    Lots of children at Nirvana or IAW? Not that I hate kids LOL just don't have them so would prefer there to not be too many.
    Nirvana is a small property, so there won't be many people of any age there.That said, the cabins are usually rented by families with children and the beachfront rooms are usually adults. We have been a number of places in Jamaica and Nirvana is a favorite.

User Info Menu

How about a private suite at The Point Village. Gated community so you will feel safe, main beach to sit and read or a CO secluded beach. No hassles from hagglers and Rick's Cafe quality sun sets without the crowds and high prices. Fed yourself so you can't complain about the food and lots of private spots to call your own. The only downside is you will need a reliable and trusted driver. The Point Village is on the 7 mile beach, but it's at the north end of the beach and is a ways from town. In fact it's 1 property over from Couples.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

We have stayed at CCLP but it seemed to big for us. They have everything you need if you don’t wanna go to far off the path. We loved Idle Awhile in November ( with only 2 Little’s ones for 2 days). Country Country had lots of kids. I personally don’t care for that area of the Beach. I like it from Charles to Firefly. Idle totally spoiled us.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Couples Negril, Couples Swept Away and multiple non A/I including Negril Tree House. I always recommend Negril Tree House for those on their first trip off the big A/I. The rooms are at least as nice as a standard CSA room and the service is much better than Couples. They take care of everything for you and basically have the same beach. Some of the others mentioned don't have as nice of beach space as you may be used to at CSA.

User Info Menu

A friend just stayed solo at Firefly Beach Cottages and enjoyed it immensely. The other reason I mention Firefly is that she commented on how nice her mattress was...all new mattresses apparently.

User Info Menu

Keep in mind that if you follow the roll call for your dates and contact a couple boardies and hook up, you don't have to be alone unless you want to be.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Whether there are kids at resorts or not depends on when you are going. Idle Awhile's beach is small, so you will feel their presence if any are there. The beach at Nirvana is so huge, you could easily find a quiet spot. The beachfront suites at Nirvana may have the best location of any, you're literally right on the beach. No bar or restaurant, but White Sands is right next door and some rooms come with cook service. Absence of public services means no one should be on property that's not staying there, very secure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    We have stayed at Couples Negril, Couples Swept Away and multiple non A/I including Negril Tree House. I always recommend Negril Tree House for those on their first trip off the big A/I. The rooms are at least as nice as a standard CSA room and the service is much better than Couples. They take care of everything for you and basically have the same beach. Some of the others mentioned don't have as nice of beach space as you may be used to at CSA.
    Is the basic garden room ok? If not which would you recommend?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    A friend just stayed solo at Firefly Beach Cottages and enjoyed it immensely. The other reason I mention Firefly is that she commented on how nice her mattress was...all new mattresses apparently.
    Thanks for the input! Never even considered Firefly. Will check it out.