Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

My gut has been telling me to go with IAW for the past couple months and you should go with your gut normally right? I was trying to keep board under $1000 though but I know you do get what you pay for.
    Thanks for all the input!! Keep it coming mon!

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifereisme View Post
    Is the basic garden room ok? If not which would you recommend?
    We just get the basic garden room. It was more than fine, nicer than the basic room as CSA. Request a fridge though!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    We just get the basic garden room. It was more than fine, nicer than the basic room as CSA. Request a fridge though!
    Cool beans. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Whether there are kids at resorts or not depends on when you are going. Idle Awhile's beach is small, so you will feel their presence if any are there. The beach at Nirvana is so huge, you could easily find a quiet spot. The beachfront suites at Nirvana may have the best location of any, you're literally right on the beach. No bar or restaurant, but White Sands is right next door and some rooms come with cook service. Absence of public services means no one should be on property that's not staying there, very secure.
    This was exactly what I was trying to say. I love IAW but if there's a lot of people and kids, the beach area is tiny and you will be crammed in there with everyone. But it can be fun, too!!! Nirvana is more spread out. I also really love the little back garden at Nirvana. May not be possible to get Veranda suite depending on time of year you'll be there but you can always email them and ask. Good luck!

User Info Menu

As a solo female traveler, I always stay at the White Sands.......Best value on the beach ( check pics, rates, and reviews, you will see for yourself !!!! ) Basic , but clean rooms, excellent housekeeping, each room has a fridge and ac. Each room also has a terrace, or balcony. The staff is great, and has a very social bar....it's perfect for the solo traveler, as it is smaller but plenty of people around, as they get a lot of repeat visitors. They serve breakfast, and lunch, and it is in walking distance to everything......Best part, it is on the best stretch of the beach, right along with CoCo, Nirvana, Charella, and Idle Awhile, but for less than half the price of these other places !!!!

User Info Menu

I'll second Idle and Charela. Charela has the advantage of ocean view rooms with a nice patio. Very private, friendly spot for a solo traveler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    As a solo female traveler, I always stay at the White Sands.......Best value on the beach ( check pics, rates, and reviews, you will see for yourself !!!! ) Basic , but clean rooms, excellent housekeeping, each room has a fridge and ac. Each room also has a terrace, or balcony. The staff is great, and has a very social bar....it's perfect for the solo traveler, as it is smaller but plenty of people around, as they get a lot of repeat visitors. They serve breakfast, and lunch, and it is in walking distance to everything......Best part, it is on the best stretch of the beach, right along with CoCo, Nirvana, Charella, and Idle Awhile, but for less than half the price of these other places !!!!
    Wow really! What room do you book? Garden or beach side? Are the terrace or balconies private? Thanks for the suggestion.. Wasn't even considering it and it's hella cheap

User Info Menu

Jennifer, yep, like I said, best value on the beach........I always get beach side....and like second floor, for a balcony ( and yes, they are private ).....I love sitting out on my balcony, having a drink just chilling....especially in the evening, as it is quite there in the evening......right across the street is the popular Best in the west chicken place, and Mickeys store , where you can get pop, water, ice, beer, rum, snacks and such....... you will love it there.....excellent security as well...... One big tip should you decide to give it a try...call the office direct, they will give you rate, and availability right then...... Francis or Terri Ann are the greatest, and will set you up !

User Info Menu

By the way, there are at least a couple dozen boardies, that already have White Sands booked for the boardie bash in April, I somehow feel sorry for the resort.....hahahahaha !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Keep in mind that if you follow the roll call for your dates and contact a couple boardies and hook up, you don't have to be alone unless you want to be.
    Well Irine, in May, there are almost no boardies... lol (I found that out last year)... very quiet time of year.... so she'll have no problem getting the peace she needs...

Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-16-2018 at 02:00 PM.