Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    By the way, there are at least a couple dozen boardies, that already have White Sands booked for the boardie bash in April, I somehow feel sorry for the resort.....hahahahaha !!!!
    Haha. Maybe I should go in April then?

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifereisme View Post
    Wow really! What room do you book? Garden or beach side? Are the terrace or balconies private? Thanks for the suggestion.. Wasn't even considering it and it's hella cheap
    As WS has become a regular stop for me now, I back up everything JoJo says! And I've met other single female travelers at WS, so she's not alone in her travels there. One thing I might mention about the garden side is that the rooms are larger, a lil nicer than the beach side (with larger balconies as well). Also, WS just did a fantastic job renovating their pool on the garden side last year and it's a nice place for a few days of peace and quiet (no local vendors or tourists to bother) during a week long stay. So if you don't mind the walk across the daily walk across the street, the garden side also has it's advantages.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Well Irine, in May, there are almost no boardies... lol (I found that out last year)... very quiet time of year.... so she'll have no problem getting the peace she needs...

Yeah, I have traveled there all different months Jan, Feb, Mar, April and last year May and found May my favorite so far. The off peak price doesn't hurt either

User Info Menu

Haha. Maybe I should go in April then?
    As I was saying to Irine, if you want people to hangout with, April will definitely be a better option. I was there in May last year and the resort was maybe 1/3rd capacity and the beach was quiet (the bars were closing early and not too many live bands to be found). So it all depends on what kind of experience you're looking for.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I have traveled there all different months Jan, Feb, Mar, April and last year May and found May my favorite so far. The off peak price doesn't hurt either
    Yeah, with WS, the peak vs offpeak prices only differ by $20/day for their standard rooms. So that never really comes into play for me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    As WS has become a regular stop for me now, I back up everything JoJo says! And I've met other single female travelers at WS, so she's not alone in her travels there. One thing I might mention about the garden side is that the rooms are larger, a lil nicer than the beach side (with larger balconies as well). Also, WS just did a fantastic job renovating their pool on the garden side last year and it's a nice place for a few days of peace and quiet (no local vendors or tourists to bother) during a week long stay. So if you don't mind the walk across the daily walk across the street, the garden side also has it's advantages.

Owner of WS just got back to me since I had a question about smoking cigs on the balcony LOL and suggested a room with a kitchenette... Thoughts?

User Info Menu

Jennifer, rooms with a kitchenette are larger, and nice..... is you don't mind paying the extra price.......and yes, if you have the option, late April is awesome !

User Info Menu

ukran1ans.......Yes, you are correct, the garden side has it's advantages as well, looking forward to seeing the newly remodeled pool, all though I think a lot of us will be spending a lot of time in the ''VILLA POOL''....

User Info Menu

Owner of WS just got back to me since I had a question about smoking cigs on the balcony LOL and suggested a room with a kitchenette... Thoughts?
    Well, they smoke anything on the balconies... lol (there's always an astray on the balconies). I've never had a room with a kitchenette since I go to the beach restaurant daily for lunch or breakfast (they have a pretty decent menu and a great view of the beach but are only open til 3pm). When I was there in Feb, I've met some guys that 'snowbird' there in the kitchenette for a few months and really like it. I, myself, don't feel like cooking for a week's stay but if I ever stay a much longer stretch, I'd get the kitchenette room. Also, both the bar and the restaurant allow you to just sign your room number to the bill and you can pay at the office at the end of the week (which I prefer to do for just the restaurant). I just make sure I have a few singles to tip the waitresses for each meal, since the office doesn't distribute them tips at the end of the week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    ukran1ans.......Yes, you are correct, the garden side has it's advantages as well, looking forward to seeing the newly remodeled pool, all though I think a lot of us will be spending a lot of time in the ''VILLA POOL''....
    Ahh.. the Villa pool? Stepping it up girl! LOL