Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    If you do choose WS, I highly suggest staying on the garden side because their balconies are quite larger (which seems important to you) than the beach side. The beach side balconies can sometimes feel a lil cramped because of the room AC unit that's on the balcony. SO I think you'd be more than happy with the garden side balcony as compared to IAW. The real question is, do you care to wander every night for your dinner? I think that may be more important since, the restaurant at WS closes by 3pm (you can always get a drink there though since the bar is usually open til midnight).

Thank you so much for the info... I don't particularly care to wander for dinner to be honest. Or at least too far.... This was the other major factor for me in making my decision.

User Info Menu

Re: HELP this newly divorced Couples Resorts only staying Jamaica loving female :)

Thank you ALL for every opinion, option, etc. I have made up my mind (finally!!!) and am going with IAW.

Since it is my first time travelling solo since I kicked the bum out, and being my first time at a non AI, I think I will feel more in my comfort zone at IAW.

That being said.... WS will be on my list for next years trip once my divorce money runs out and I can't afford $200 a night on a hotel. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Will most def be making my way to the bar there during my trip. If anyone is there May 19-26 stop by and I will buy you a drink!!!

Thanks again ALL OF YOU!!!!

User Info Menu

Great choice! You'll love it.

User Info Menu

Ask Needle, the bartender, to make you a frozen mango colata. You'll love it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jennifereisme View Post
    Thank you so much for the info... I don't particularly care to wander for dinner to be honest. Or at least too far.... This was the other major factor for me in making my decision.
    Yeah, the first couple of times in Negril, I stayed at the Negril Beach Club Condos by myself and ate most meals onsite at Linguah By the Sea and then stayed at the AI, GrandPineapple (which actually woudn't be a bad idea for you, since it's small and intimate), so I understand what you're thinking. Staying at the GP opened my eyes though to what's available on the beach because it was next door to Alfreds, which had much better night life than the GP and started my way to exploring. After doing some checking, you can get into GP in May for $144/night on expedia on their beachside and get all your meals and booze included (they have great security too). Plus, it's next door to Alfreds, to start some exploring of your own... food for though....

User Info Menu

Well dang it...there goes my commission......hahahahaha !!! Have a great time, and you will discover as most of us have, once you go non AI, you never go back !!!!

User Info Menu

I loved Grand Pineapple for my first solo stay, and second!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Ask Needle, the bartender, to make you a frozen mango colata. You'll love it!
    Sounds beyond bomb. I most certainly will! Anyone else noticed the mangos in Jamaica are amazeballs??

The ones here in Cali suck!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yeah, the first couple of times in Negril, I stayed at the Negril Beach Club Condos by myself and ate most meals onsite at Linguah By the Sea and then stayed at the AI, GrandPineapple (which actually woudn't be a bad idea for you, since it's small and intimate), so I understand what you're thinking. Staying at the GP opened my eyes though to what's available on the beach because it was next door to Alfreds, which had much better night life than the GP and started my way to exploring. After doing some checking, you can get into GP in May for $144/night on expedia on their beachside and get all your meals and booze included (they have great security too). Plus, it's next door to Alfreds, to start some exploring of your own... food for though....

Appreciate the thought.. I honestly do not want to do AI though... Set me up with some patties and fruit from the vendors and some red stripes and dirty bananas and I am golden.

User Info Menu

Enjoy!!