Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Wheels up in 31

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Wheels up in 31

Maralunatic,

Yes, my boss is a true Eagles fan and he’s STILL on cloud nine. He arrives back in Philly today just in time for the parade tomorrow so I’ll have one more day to bang out a nice part of the report. I should be able to start posting today.

Now back to Jamaica…yes I’ve been to Moore Town and it was a wonderful experience. They do welcome visitors particularly those interested in and have some knowledge of Jamaican history. The driver I hired knew the Colonel, however when we get there his daughter informed us he was in Kingston. As we were leaving, we were greeted by another resident who invited us to his home. His wife was in the states visiting family so he welcomed the company. We sat talking with him for about 30 minutes. I really wanted to return, but it hasn’t happened yet. I put this visit, along with many pictures, in one of my reports…I forget which one.

It’s cool you are interested in going there. It’s a beautiful, quiet community. Now you have me wanting to plan a return visit. LOL

As far as gifts, when I stayed there I left a small bag with 10 hershey kisses in it along with a tip for housekeeping every day. I gave hand lotion to the young lady at the front desk. Outside of the hotel, since I know families, I take backpacks every trip to give to the children. But honestly, Maralunatic, other than hotel staff, you really don’t have to bring anything in particular but your Minnesota niceness! I found the Portland people really don’t expect anything. They basically want visitors to enjoy their parish.

User Info Menu

Re: Wheels up in 31

Miss Vi
    Gosh, I'm really going to have to try and make it to Moore Town, and I'll have to look back through the reports to see your visit. I truly am excited to see this part of Jamaica! Not that I don't enjoy Negril, but sometimes a girl has to shake the sand out of her flip-flops and go exploring!
    So many things I want to see and do, I hope 10 days will be enough
    So far on the list:
    Rio Grande rafting
    Boston Beach/Long bay area
    Winnifred Beach
    Frenchman's Cove
    Errol Flynn Marina
    Moore Town
    Whew!! Hope I'm in shape for this since my motto is "If you see me running something is chasing me"
    Last edited by Maralunatic; 02-07-2018 at 12:17 PM.