“I better get going, Shane.”
“Why? You’re on holiday so you don’t have to work. Stay a likkle longa.”
“LOL that’s true. But I need to catch a taxi and that might take a minute. They are always full this time of day. “
“Call one of your drivas to come for you. Dem all pon the road this time of day.”

My phone rings and it’s Michael. I tell him I’m at the beach and ask could he come for me. Said he’ll be here in 10 minute. Michael is a dependable (red plate) driver. When he says he’ll be there at a certain time, he does. Only thing about him is he keeps the car AC set to deep freeze. Says he MUST have it cold like that in his car or he’ll becomes irritable from the heat. I’m not an air condition person so I won’t ride long distances with him. If you LOVE traveling in a freezer-on-wheels, then Michael would be the perfect driver for you…lol

“I’ve got to pack up and get to the road. Michael’s on his way.”

Shane lets me sit in silence to soak up the remaining minutes of this perfect afternoon.

Then the scene to cap off my Boston Beach day caught my eye…I watched a toddler sitting on her daddy’s lap slowly surrender to sleep. So intimately precious It was time to go with a smile.

“Shane…”
“Yeah?”
“I’ll check you tomorrow.”
“Okay Auntie Vi…tomorrow.”