Thank you very much for your thoughts, prayers and condolences. I love this Board community, on several occasions I have asked for prayers and have received much more than that. I’m trying to get back to normal, whatever that is, and focus on my health and well being.

Jamaicajeanne
Thank you, trying to get back to normal and focus on my health. I will be spending some time in Yosemite National Park in the Fall. Planning a trip to Negril next year, the last time was in 2009. This transition period has been hard but I find that I am more relaxed and don’t let things get to me as much. I am very thankful that my father isn’t suffering any longer. My family went up to a park that my parents loved last month and scattered the ashes of my mom and dad.

I love the sentences about your grandmother, I did laugh, that is something my dad would have said. Even in the saddest times you have to be able to find some humor otherwise it will be unbearable. Thank you for including them.

SLP
Thank you, I am very sorry that you were not able to be there for your mum. It’s true that they will wait until they are alone to pass.