Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Daily tip for housekeeping?

User Info Menu

Daily tip for housekeeping?

Hi all!
    Just wondering what amount is a good tip for daily housekeeping staff, thanks for your input!

User Info Menu

Re: Daily tip for housekeeping?

I’d been leaving US $3 per day

User Info Menu

I left $5 a day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaygirl View Post
    Hi all!
    Just wondering what amount is a good tip for daily housekeeping staff, thanks for your input!
    The answer depends a lot on where you are staying and how good a job housekeeping does. After the first time they clean (and did a good job) I tip a little higher and tell them I will tip them again on my last night of stay.
    That way they keep doing a good job in anticipation of the good tip they will get at the end. I reward them at the end with a tip commensurate with the overall quality of the service I received.

I just don't tip to tip. I reward good service.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

We usually do $4-$5 a day. We also like to leave a little gift like perfume or LOctaine scented hand creams we picked up at duty free

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    The answer depends a lot on where you are staying and how good a job housekeeping does. After the first time they clean (and did a good job) I tip a little higher and tell them I will tip them again on my last night of stay.
    That way they keep doing a good job in anticipation of the good tip they will get at the end. I reward them at the end with a tip commensurate with the overall quality of the service I received.

I just don't tip to tip. I reward good service.

Peace and Guidance
    Right answer Accompong ... The tip is to be earned not necessarily expected for example if the housekeeper forgets to clean your room one day. If they go above and beyond they will be rewarded accordingly

User Info Menu

I always leave $5 per day. It's a very hard physical job cleaning and making all those beds, very hard on the back, they deserve it. Sometimes you won't have the same housekeeper everyday, so I tip every single day.

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

I tip per day, usually $5 because as stated above sometimes it's not the same housekeeper each day. I have to say I've never had bad housekeeping service in my 8 trips to Negril & they have all been very friendly & nice to talk to in all the different places we've stayed. Some a little friendlier than others but all friendly & once they see I leave a tip they usually do a good job. I usually leave a little treat with the $5 too like some candy etc. I figure it's hard work especially in that heat & humidity!

User Info Menu

I also tip $5 US per day, actually per bed. I also make a point of getting to know them and their schedule, and who fills in on their days off. Having stayed in the same place for years, much of the staff is like family.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Depends. I tip according to service as well, I don't just give money away for the sake of giving it away. If you do a good job, I will tip accordingly. If I've developed a relationship over time, then I don't tip daily at all, just at the end.