Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Pre Trip Report and Day 1

User Info Menu

Pre Trip Report and Day 1

When we got ready to book our flights with Delta my boyfriend, Carl, had 129,000 frequent flyer miles. They told him he didn't have any because he withdrew them and booked a cruise on July 4th. He told them he had never even been on a cruise. They turned him over to the fraud department and they reinstated all his miles. We had enough miles to fly first class which was a real treat. I flew from Memphis to Atlanta and Carl flew from Knoxville. We were the first off the plane and when we got to immigrations there were only two people in front of us in the line. Once we were through there we walked to luggage pickup and our bags were already off the carousel. It was quick going through customs. Walking out into the warm Jamaican air felt so good. We had Steve from Steve Positive Tours pick us up. We enjoyed the ride with him and will definitely use him again. Our ride to Negril was $65. We rode with the window rolled down and it felt so cool and refreshing.

This is our 28th anniversary of coming to Negril. We used to stay at Negril Gardens until it became Grand Pineapple and became an all inclusive. We enjoy walking the beach at night and going out to eat at different places. We always go to Kuyaba our first night and this is where we went last night. We both had the chicken stroganoff and it was so much food that we could only eat about a 1/3 of it. We got to go boxes so we could have it for lunch. We have been staying at Charela Inn for many years and it is like coming home. We always get the same room and have the same waitress. The beach is beautiful with lots of big coconut trees giving shade. Sadley the owner's wife just passed. We have two friends that we see every year but one of them's husband just died and the other one's wife just died. They came by themselves anyway. I don't know if I would want to come without Carl. I think it would be too sad.

We went to sleep with the doors open listening to the sound of the waves.

User Info Menu

Re: Pre Trip Report and Day 1

Small world. Next month will be our 28th anniversary of coming to Negril and staying at Negril Gardens as well. We always bought our beer and snacks at the Shamrock across the street and after a few years discovered they had rooms for rent. We started staying there 2 - 3 times a year since 1996. We're across the street from the beach but in January this year we had some crazy weather where we could hear the sea all night long. Kuyaba is one of our favorite restaurants too. Looking forward to your Day 2 report.

User Info Menu

What a lovely first day report.
    We love Charela too.
    Have a great time!

User Info Menu

Wonderful report!
    More please!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu