Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One Love Bus

User Info Menu

Re: One Love Bus

Just trying to let other like minded people know about the unusual stop in the middle of nowhere.....so they can make their own decisions about going....
    Is this forum for positive posts only????
    I will keep scraping my shoes on everything I see until ALL the poop is gone....Thanks !!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Sorry, but I thought the whole idea behind the bus was to show tourists spots they would not get to on their own in hopes that they would go back another time to increase business for those places. Going to Lenbert's personal bar that is only open when the bus comes through doesn't really fit into that category, nor does a shantytown stop.
    As I have stated, Lenbert and I created the bar crawl back in July 2011 as a way to entice people to get out of the AIs and see Negril. Since Lenbert was in the Negril Cluster that supported West End at the time, we focused on the West End. A natural by product would be for visitors to return to their favorite spots.

Lenbert's new bar is not in the middle of nowhere, but on Summerset Drive. Back in the 90's that was one of the busiest Lanes on the entire West End. His bar does open special for the crawl as do other bars that normally open later.

Lenbert's Bar is far closer to downtown Negril than Somewhere West by many miles. By opening a new bar on Summerset, Lenbert is helping to bring new life to an area that was once a popular destination.

Kudos to Lenbert.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Sorry, but I thought the whole idea behind the bus was to show tourists spots they would not get to on their own in hopes that they would go back another time to increase business for those places. Going to Lenbert's personal bar that is only open when the bus comes through doesn't really fit into that category, nor does a shantytown stop.
    saeyedoc, I have no quarrel with the notion that Lenbert's original and (I think) current plan is to get people out of their comfort zone a little by exposing them to new, out of the way businesses in hopes of helping them as well as paying for his costs to operate the buses. Lenbert is a business man who reacts to the feedback he gets as any good business man does. I don't think it is up to us to question any business owner as to how he runs his business. We can suggest changes and we can vote on what is offered by using our pocketbook. As bnewb points out, other businesses do much the same as Lenbert but their motives and methods don't seem to get anywhere the scrutiny that Lenbert's business does.

I think also that Lenbert's business started out by getting more adventurous people out to see a part of Negril that they were not familiar with. Most of these people were thrilled and rarely complained. Now, the bus has gotten so popular that it has become "the thing to do" that attracts more "fussy" tourists who complain to hear their own voices. I believe that Lenbert never envisioned it getting so popular that it is now starting to get a little out of hand. Hard to put the Genie back in the bottle.

35 years of Jamaica has taught me that businesses have a hard enough time existing. I know you have been going for a long time as well and I read a lot of what you write and agree with most of it too. I just think we need to let Lenbert sort out his own offerings and the marketplace will dictate his success or failure.

Respect.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Borntobeach View Post
    Just trying to let other like minded people know about the unusual stop in the middle of nowhere.....so they can make their own decisions about going....
    Is this forum for positive posts only????
    I will keep scraping my shoes on everything I see until ALL the poop is gone....Thanks !!
    Positive posts only? Your original post certainly wasn't positive for Lenbert or the crawl. Obviously this forum is not for positive posts only.

But what is true about this forum is that information posted is not blindly believed. When someone makes a post that others find misleading or confusing, they are able to rationally challenge the post to gain a better understanding of what prompted the information in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with posting negative comments. There is also nothing wrong with questioning the emotions, logic and motivation of any post.

And I am curious as well as to why you are not asking about the proceeds from Somewhere West. How is that different from Lenbert's business?
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

If Lenbert's bar is open at other times besides when the bus comes there, then it's perfectly appropriate to take people there.

User Info Menu

If Lenbert's bar is open at other times besides when the bus comes there, then it's perfectly appropriate to take people there.
    I still don't understand why he couldn't just open a bar for his pub crawl business.

User Info Menu

What does Lenbert have to do? Take a survey on when or if he should open a bar? Seriously..nobody has to get on the bus if they don't want to..and thats fine..but people questioning his motives should be no one's business or concern..there are more important things in life to worry about..like cold beer and a warm beach..

User Info Menu

He sure has good music on the bus.

User Info Menu

Who has the coldest Red Stripes on the cliffs?

User Info Menu

Personally, I like unusual stops in the middle of no where, going to the same old stops gets old after the first four trips!

If Lenbert opens the bar only for the pub crawl, good for him. And if it's open other times, good for his neighbors, there isn't much going on up that way. Heck, I'd even stock a few dry goods like a mini mart if possible!

I'm sorry, Borntobeach, that it doesn't seem you are getting the reaction you wanted... I will consider myself delightfully "warned".
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion