Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Likkle Tips that Make YOUR Trips Great!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reminder about Monkey Butt and color photocopy of passport.

Airport worker: I agree 10000% on the insurance. I never travel out of the country without it.

I bring about $100 in singles and bunch of $5's and $10's.

Budget into my checking account how much I have to withdraw at the ATM so I don't bring a ton of cash wish me. The fee is very nominal at the Scotia Bank and worth the peace of mind knowing my money is safe.

User Info Menu

For those that cook, I use Flexible cutting mats. you can use them for more than one use. (Not for heavy chopping though.) If you have a Sam's Club or something similar, you can get kitchen knives for less than $10.00 for two. (Santoku style, sometimes cheaper if on sale w/german steel) Spices carried in plastic baggies. (Less bulk.) LED flashlights last longer, and you can find cheap ones at places like Big Lots or some wholesale distributor, then give them to friends (everything) before you leave. Last but not least, emergency ponchos ($1.00) for those times of as Smith says "Liquid Sunshine".

User Info Menu

Binoculars..great for spotting dolphins

User Info Menu

right now all I need is to pack ME and get me over there. I'll get by with whatever little thing if I could just be there. Sigh.

User Info Menu

A few more suggestions:

aluminum foil -- comes in handy

extra reading glasses -- the locals love 'em as parting gifts

juicy novel -- never know when you re going to be stuck in airport

baby powder -- hits the spot after day in the sand n sun

lots of socks -- if you run out, they're hard to find in Negril -- and expensive

printed-out hotel confirmation -- otherwise u could be on the street!

big pool towel -- if you go budget hotel, towels are motel 6 size

scissors ....

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for the great tips. No matter how often you travel there are still tidbits of information that are helpful.

User Info Menu

Leave the bling at home. The only time I wear jewelry is on the way down & the way back & then it's pretty basic, nothing fancy. If I put earrings in, I'm dressing up.

If you're staying at a place w/ a kitchen, have your driver take you grocery shopping before you check in, if possible. Why spend part of your first full day in JA grocery shopping when you can do it when you arrive? If you arrive early enough, get the supplies you need. The next day you're free to enjoy from the moment you wake up.

I take lots of Crystal Lite lemonade mix to prepare for my drink while on the beach.

User Info Menu

I know this sounds whacky...but if you eat from the street vendors alot

Tip #4
    Bring a few heavy duty paper plates, or one plastic plate, and some plastic silverware, in a large gallon plastic bag. Sometimes I have leftovers and have nothing to eat them on, or warm them up in...

Last trip I brought a small plastic plate. I'd get 1/2 chicken, eat part of it for lunch, and part later...when going solo I don't eat at restaurants a lot (probably every other night). It just doesn't have the allure of eating with a group of friends. Having basic table settings sure helped save time, and made it easier, to enjoy my leftover meals on my porch.

I have already picked up a few more cool tips to make the days in Jamaica even better! Thanks all.

Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by brasi; 11-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.

User Info Menu

my $1.70J worth:
    one pair of socks!
    one (max) pair of pants!
    bring a juicer (manual)
    bring a travel mug
    hmmmm....I said 'bring' as if I'm already there! soon come!

User Info Menu

mmmmm magic coffee. the only liquor I bring home is the rum cream first thing in the morning half and half sittin in the sand watchin the sky light up. heaven.
    improvise & overcome