Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 7 years too long for a sequel?

User Info Menu

Is 7 years too long for a sequel?

I'm travelling back to Jamaica and staying in Negril in May! My original Trip Report was from so long ago that I'm not even sure it still exists. It was full of comedy, romance and adventure. We are older now but Andre will be making a cameo in this up coming adventure.

I lost my friend of 36 to a rare and aggressive form of Cancer. Her last trip was in Negril at the Grand Pineapple in April of 2017. Diagnosed in September and passed away on Christmas morning. She said to me while in the hospital that all she wanted to do was go away and sit on the beach and have a cold beer so this is exactly what we are doing. I'll be travelling with some of her family.

I have a few questions... does anyone have any experience with Grand Pineapple? Are they local friendly? Will Andre be able to visit on the resort? How many people to a room? Any tips for the resort would be great as well.

Jamaica soon come!

UPDATE My review is still alive lol https://negril.com/forum/showthread....hlight=manda81
    Last edited by Manda81; 04-19-2018 at 08:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Is 7 years too long for a sequel?

I can't answer your specific questions, but we stayed at the Grand Pineapple last September and it's a nice small property. I know our room had a king size bed, we were in a beach side cottage. I've heard some rooms have 2 beds. Great location. We're going back in June.

So sorry to hear of your friends passing. What a great way to pay tribute to her.

PS - I remember reading your last trip report so I'll be looking forward to your next one
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Hey, I remember you and your awesome trip report! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I've never stayed at GP but lots of people love it there. So looking forward to your upcoming trip report!

User Info Menu

Hey Manda...great to hear from you!
    So very sorry for the loss of your friend...but how wonderful you'll be sharing her dream with her family here.

I've not stayed at Grand Pineapple...but had a friend stay there. When we visited they required A LOT of information at the time just for us to hang with her on the property. I'm sure someone else will chime in with better detail.

User Info Menu

Manda81- Just read your great trip report. & years later I think it is time for an update. Did you make it back again to see Andre? What ever happened with the two of you? Your trip report was like the final season of a show where there are more questions that need to be answered

User Info Menu

I and I were married there in 02 ! Great place everything you need, great location on the beach, food is ok, , drinks 10 am to 10 pm, nice people, not so nice bringing friends on the property !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMike View Post
    I and I were married there in 02 ! Great place everything you need, great location on the beach, food is ok, , drinks 10 am to 10 pm, nice people, not so nice bringing friends on the property !
    Maybe it is because of the low bar some visitors have when considering someone a "friend" or maybe they know these "friends" for 50 weeks a year longer than your visit. In any case, I personally appreciate having someone watching over who gets invited on to any property where I am staying.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mjc I really had a lot of fun writing it. I actually have not seen Andre. We lost contact for a bit but we speak on fb at least once a week now. I hope he will make an appearance in my next report ,)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manda81 View Post
    Thanks Mjc I really had a lot of fun writing it. I actually have not seen Andre. We lost contact for a bit but we speak on fb at least once a week now. I hope he will make an appearance in my next report ,)
    , but an adventure of a lifetime and memories that will never be forgotten

User Info Menu

I certainly hope for a great trip. It will be highly emotional for me but I hope to have some happy peaceful moments as well