Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Coco La Palm tour

User Info Menu

Coco La Palm tour

I'm having a hard time convincing my wife to go non AI. Two years ago we stayed at Legends which is a more lower end AI and she wasn't impressed but she did like the sister resort SamSara that we ended transferring to. This September we will be staying at the Riu Club for our 20th anniversary. I have no trouble taking a taxi into town and walking the beach which is why we stayed at Legends but she isn't sure she wants to stay at a non AI. Would it be possible get a tour of Coco La Palm so she can check out the pool, restaurant, rooms and bar? We always go all inclusive usually a Riu but after visiting Negril a couple times I would rather try something different and more adventurous.

User Info Menu

Re: Coco La Palm tour

Yeffers...most hotels including Coco La Palm are very happy to give you a tour...just ask at the front desk.

User Info Menu

While you are at CoCo walk next door to Idle Awhile on the beach. Its a beautiful boutique hotel. Everything about it is beautiful.

User Info Menu

Am sure they will be more than happy to give u a tour. And I agree, check out Idle a While, too! It’s really special. Have fun.

User Info Menu

Coco, Idle, and Charela - the 7 mile beach Trifecta in my opinion! Highly recommend ditching the AI and staying at any of the three. Of course they will give you a tour - its Jamaica Mon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Coco, Idle, and Charela - the 7 mile beach Trifecta in my opinion! Highly recommend ditching the AI and staying at any of the three. Of course they will give you a tour - its Jamaica Mon.
    I couldn't agree more! We have stayed at the later two in the past and we'll be at cclp in November!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

At CCLP you can sign for drinks and food by placing money on your account. They also offer a number of options to alert you when the money has been used and you are free to go in and look at your expenditures whenever you want. It makes the transition from AI very easy.

I would highly recommend it for your first non AI vacation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OUV11112 View Post
    At CCLP you can sign for drinks and food by placing money on your account. They also offer a number of options to alert you when the money has been used and you are free to go in and look at your expenditures whenever you want. It makes the transition from AI very easy.

I would highly recommend it for your first non AI vacation.
    The folks at Marley’s Beach Bar & Grill (the Coco beach bar) will give you a flag to raise when you need more food or drinks - awesome service.